ID:14857

Well one of the rides I rode at our 4th of July Carnival.
It was called the "Starship 2000" or something. Basicly, it spun around so fast, sucking you back to the wall, kind of like an increase of gravity.

It got me to thinking...what if..people made rooms like that, and fighters(boxers, etc) trained under the increase of gravity. Sooner or later there body would adjust to it? They would get stronger, right?

What do you think?
DBZ much?
Hm, despite the fact in brings back Goku's hours of training under gravity to gain 100 powerlevel, I guess in theory it could work.
It should work. I belive astronaut when up in space have to work out and such, otherwise when they come back they will be very very weak.
Yep, it's a part of astronaut training.
Actually, it would work, but not really any better than normal strength training...

During strength training, the muscles become damaged... Tiny tears in the tissue develop due to the strain you put on them by lifting, pushing, pulling, etc on the weights or other resistance (like pneumatics, hydraulics, tension bars, etc)...

When they heal, the body goes a bit overboard, and adds more tissue than there was before (as a way to prevent the damage in the future, by making the tissue able to hold up to that level of strain)

Anyways, as the amount of resistance increases, the amount of damage to your muscle tissue increases... Which is why more weight builds more muscle...

However, your body has a limit to how much resistance it can handle (how much force it can exert to move that resistance), and how much damage it can take and repair...

Higher "gravity" (actually, centrifugal force, but close enough) increases the resistance to your movement... It simulates more weight...

But, as I said, the body has a limit to how much force it can take... If you can only lift 200 pounds under normal circumstances, you'll only be able to lift the equivalent of 200 pounds inside of your "gravity" chamber (which means smaller weights, which will feel like 200 pound weights)...

And in the end, you'll end up getting the same benefit...
Which explains why Superman is so uber.
Lifehunter:

DBZ much?

Lawl.

It'll make them stronger no doubt, but I don't know what kind of effects that'd have or even if they'd be able to eventually do it without a problem after so much.
DBZ to the max.
Thanks for the input.
YOU'D BE ABLE TO JUMP HIGH!!!!
Again, not any higher than if you had performed equivalent exercise under normal forces...

Yes, if you trained under "gravity" long enough that you began to jump as high as you used to outside of the chamber, you could go outside and jump even higher...

However, it's not because of the "gravity"... It's simply because you have made your legs stronger, which can be done with or without the "gravity"...

(I know you're not being serious, BigBoiD, I just wanted to clear it up before someone else got the wrong idea...lol)
I read this post title and automatically thought it had something to do with Dragonball. :/
Well its sort of like where your a baby adjusting to Earth's gravity. Eventually you grow older and began to crawl, walk, and run. These are all adaptations our body makes to our surrounding enviroments. In theory it will work, but there might be great side effects if you overdo it.

There's no way of really telling how effectful it can be. Its a different type of training. Non-equivalent to Weight training or resistant weight training. I guess we'll never know until we try it out.
Nope, a bit wrong there... Not entirely, but it needs some clarification and correction:

On Earth, we have a certain level of gravitational force that anything that wishes to move needs to be sufficiently strong to overcome... The bodies of humans (all living things, actually) increase their ability (muscle strength) by fighting against this force... Everything we do that moves us (or any object on this planet) all boils down to working against gravity (other forces come into play, like friction, but Gravity is pretty much the most important factor)...

Simply standing up is weight training... We are the weights... And the entire thing is powered by Gravity...

So, like I said, adding stronger gravity to any form of exercise does nothing more than increase the forces being applied... It is not a different type of training... It is the exact same training from everything else, only at a higher level...

And as such, no different results will come of it... Training under higher gravity will act upon us in the same manner as anything done under normal Earth gravity...

And again, it won't really even be any more effective, because the training we do will have to be toned down to compensate...

Yes, once our bodies are strong enough to handle some high amount of weight (or whatever) under high gravity, the same weight will seem trivial under normal gravity...

But that really has nothing to do with the gravity we trained under... We could get the same results without the increased gravity (it would take longer, or more weight, but the result would be the same)
If you trained in lets say 2 times earths gravity, and adapted to it, and then came back to earth, wouldnt you be faster and stronger becuase the gravity is less then what your used to?
Your abilities would definitely have increased...

However, it is simply because training under more gravity has built up your muscle... "Adapting to it" is nothing more than "getting stronger"...

It's not that you are now faster and stronger under normal gravity, it is that you are faster and stronger, period...

The exact same effect could be had with or without the increased gravity...
That wouldn't be very safe at all if the gravity was to strong you would just be crushed
Thats exactly why you work your way up.
Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't an increase in gravity help screw up your internal organs?
Page: 1 2