ID:1490147

(See the best response by Ter13.)
I have tried to port forward multiple times, and it just hasn't worked properly. My router is the D-Link DIR-815 and my internet provider is Teksavvy if that matters. I got LAN hosting correctly, but anything online won't work for me. Can someone help me out with this please?
I followed the guide you posted, and it is still not letting anyone join. I made sure to look at my Firewall settings, and I changed them accordingly. byond://127.0.0.1:5352, Any suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Your IP is not 127.0.0.1 , that's localhost (your pc's internal address it loops to itself.)

byond://69.165.137.155:5352

Regardless, connection failed.
So how do I stop it from looping my internal address? I did everything the guide told me to do, and it said nothing about my localhost interfering with the port.
In response to Blackclaw185
Blackclaw185 wrote:
byond://127.0.0.1:5352, Any suggestions?

I was referring to ^ that
That was the link I was given when I connected to the server.
Can you open up command prompt, you can do this via the start menu > run and typing in cmd and show me the output of

ipconfig
This is the current ipconfig:

And this is the old one:
Best response
Your router needs to open the port of your choosing toward 192.168.0.50. That's your computer's local IP address on your network. Use that instead of 127.0.0.1.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Your router needs to open the port of your choosing toward 192.168.0.50. That's your computer's local IP address on your network. Use that instead of 127.0.0.1.

http://tinypic.com/?ref=33p7m1h
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Ya, I set 192.168.0.50 as the IP to use, as you can see in an earlier post. I'm still confused as to why it's not working, I even turned my firewall completely off to see if it was the problem, and no luck.
Falcon lazorz wrote:
http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

I already downloaded, and used that program to test my connection, but thanks.

Falcon lazorz wrote:
Also are you sure you don't need to choose an application name and a computer name when assigning the port?

I followed the port forwarding guide for my router, and the application completely, it showed the application name, and computer name as the default, which is what mine's at currently. I also used their program to change my IP to a static like it said too, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Seems strange, everything looks set up correctly..
Ya, I followed the guide correctly, though it is rather outdated. This whole thing just has me stumped, it could just be that my internet, or router isn't compatible.