ID:1491317

This was mentioned by IainPeregrine in the "concept of difficulty" topic, but after watching these I really think they need more exposure. So here is a topic, focused on the playlist of videos titled "Extra Credits" on Youtube. There are 7 seasons of videos so far, and they are all rife with information on game design. I've learned a lot and I'm not even all the way done watching all of the videos.

Here is the playlist for season 1.

You can find the other seasons in the "Playlist" section of that Youtube channel.

Watch them. They will change the way we young developers look at making games, and influence more thought-out, well-developed, engaging games here on BYOND.

I look forward to seeing what some of you have to say after watching these.
They actually have their own channel, which I discovered after watching some of their videos on the Penny Arcade channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz/videos

This channel seems to be the first place that they upload their videos to. There are quite a few recent ones there that are missing from Penny Arcade.

It's very good stuff. After watching a significant amount, I highly suggest the developers around here watch them as well.
Dude, the Spec Ops episodes blew my mind. I hadn't played the game before.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
This channel seems to be the first place that they upload their videos to. There are quite a few recent ones there that are missing from Penny Arcade.

Penny Arcade TV is shutting down or something, so EC moved back to their YouTube channel. I think they started out on YouTube, moved to the Escapist, then moved to PATV, and are now moving back to YouTube. All of their videos should be on their YouTube channel, though.

Anyways, I've always loved EC. It's a must-watch for indie developers (and there are some professionals who probably should be forced to sit down and watch it). I look forward to it every Wednesday! (that and Zero Punctuation)