ID:1491458

So I'm trying to sort of catch up on what's new in byond since I've been away for ehm, roughly half a year or even more(not exactly sure, feels like forever). Anywho, anybody mind summarising what's new in byond since then ? is flash client still on the way ? any new engine changing features out ? any work on multithreading ?

Thanks to anyone who actually summarises for me
Version 500 (changelog) brought us new fancy ways of handling graphical effects in the form of the animate() procedure, the color and alpha variables, and the /matrix datum. Some examples of what animate() can do can be seen here. We also got new mouse tracking functionality.

The Flash client (which seems to be referred to as the web client now) is in development still I believe, though we haven't heard anything conclusive in a while.

To my understanding, some form of multi-threading now exists in Dream Seeker to separate the client and server into different threads, as well as map updates being their own thread.

We very recently received the ability to manipulate interface elements via JavaScript in the browser, allowing for client-sided winset(), winget(), and output().