Cool login system? So wheres the gameplay?
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Cool login system? So wheres the gameplay?

maybe there is none :p

(or perhaps that was a fabricated lie, and the game-play is actually finished :p)
The mockery of Densetsu is hilarious though...
Indeed. Doesn't matter really... I'm going to check this out, it looks good man.
Thanks! We've been putting a lot of effort into this. It's definitely not done yet, but this is the first version that we think is ready for public testing. The goal was to create a competitive game that was "easy to learn, and hard to master", and we also really liked Melee and wanted to put our own spin on it. Hopefully we'll be able to get a competitive scene going on and we'll be able to have a few tournaments :p
I wish I would had seen this contest sooner. Oh well.
Just Kwark and Yut Put? Guess you'll be splitting the prize if you win.
In response to UltimateGameMaker
UltimateGameMaker wrote:
Just Kwark and Yut Put? Guess you'll be splitting the prize if you win.

Not yet
Here my entries
http://www.byond.com/games/PrfX/UPCRacers

How it meets the rules
Attacking: enter an upc that makes a weapon, equip to car&Spacebar/bump to fire/hit
Speed: 3 ways
1: each part have different Speed/Power/Wind stats
2: each transmission have 2-4 gears, 1st gear is 25% of your power, +25% for each higher gear
3: NOS!
In response to Prf X
What's a good website that has UPC codes this game can use so I can judge it faster. I'm not use to Skannerz, had a digivice as a kid but that's about it. Before even judging I can say I think your game needs some sort of source for players to get UPCs from. Depending on how fast I get a response expect judging to be pushed back about a week until I figure this out(effective UPC codes for Prf X game).
Enter "bulldog" as an UPC to get enough parts to race with
Alright, how do I start the race? (Edit) Ok click on car to start race.

I'm not clear on how to go forward. Tried clicking, dragging clicking, double clicking, right clicking, arrow keys, w. So how I move bro? Only managed to move left or right thus far. I'll keep trying for as long as I can (other contestants gets annoyed) or patience runs out- all in all about a week, but in the future when designing games consider adding instructions, if not already obvious. Gear shifting doesn't appear to move me forward.
Click "Race"
if you are the only racer you will drive to the finish line at the top
else it will ask the other racers if they are ready to race or not, after all have click "Yes lets go" or "No I need goto the pit" you will race to the finish line at the top
Hm, alright I'll finish with judgments now.
http://www.byond.com/games/YutPut/FootracefortheHolyGrail

A.) Was it a racing game?
1.) Yes
B.) Was it top down?
2.) Yes
C.)Did players have option to increase speed?
3.)Yes, when the player push space they would dash.
D.) Was the player allowed to implement some sort violence against other racers?
4.) Yes, the player could knock around other players to try and get them off the boundary.
B.) Did I like it?
5.) Fairly interesting, various classes, interesting method for players to speed up, upgrades during the race are a bonus. Nice health system.
http://www.byond.com/games/PrfX/UPCRacers

A.) Was it a racing game?
1.) Yes
B.) Was it top down?
2.) Yes
C.)Did players have option to increase speed?
3.) Yes when the player didn'’t drive on colored turf their speed would increase.
D.) Was the player allowed to implement some sort violence against other racers?
4.) Yes, the saws looked particularly menacing.
B.) Did I like it?
5.) It was choppy in animation. The customization system was very unique. How to play was unclear with no instructions. The parts to the cars were visually appealing. The UPC codes were challenging to figure out without searching away from the game, I'’m not sure how many people would want to put in the effort to search out of the game for things to play the game.
The winners are Kwark and Yut Put. Go ahead and post your PayPal's on your hub or send them to me for $25 each. I will wait 3 days to see if we have any objections.
I pretty much knew they won without seeing the other entries... The game is clean and entertaining. A legit rarity on the modern BYOND. I usually never praise games... This one deserves it.
^ this is true
I'll post here to tell when next contest is up. Enjoy the pocket money. Right now next contest is planned to start June 1st.

Think we're this pushing back a few
Page: 1 2