Except the BYOND hub also works in this analogy, and has a few hundred "fire-ants" already. So I think I'll stick to that.
it ONLY sticks to BYOND.

This sticks to ALL games everywhere. Not just here.
It also doesn't really exist yet, so you might want to be able to show something, if you feel it has worth. Presently, I don't anticipate you'll get much buy-in, with the kind of vague terminology you are using for things, and your description of the project.
True, but I need someone to support 2 hubs for it. One for a library and 1 for a main area.
What the heck is nexus energy? Did you just take the concept of players being on the same server or linked servers and just give it some ridiculous name? Finally, why would developers want to connect all of their games together? The idea doesn't even make sense
A Universal currency? , Players are more likely to buy currency that can be spent at more than one place , than just individual games.
Is this guy normal?
I mean, what the hell...

Yeah, let's work on a limitless project where all we do is code pokemon, rpg, naruto, nestalgia, and every single game in the world in order to make the biggest mess in the world.

Is that's your game's objective? Because mixing Resident Evil Characters with Pokemon Beds and Final Fantasy Icons is just... disgusting to the extreme.
In response to Eternal_Memories
Eternal_Memories wrote:
Is this guy normal?
I mean, what the hell...

Yeah, let's work on a limitless project where all we do is code pokemon, rpg, naruto, nestalgia, and every single game in the world in order to make the biggest mess in the world.

Is that's your game's objective? Because mixing Resident Evil Characters with Pokemon Beds and Final Fantasy Icons is just... disgusting to the extreme.

You Obviously haven't talked to EzT about the Nexus, it's genius.
After reading the topic post and all the comments, I'm so confused I don't know what to say so I thought it'd just be nice to post.
I am harvesting nexusian energies to sell.
Hey heres something.....maybe we are the nexus!
T.T *is confused*
About the universal currency. Companies can make agreements that allows for something like a game card to be used across more than one game. Like Ultimate game card.

But every game won't have the same form of currency because the values used in one game wouldn't make sense in another, unless there was a way to convert it. Regardless, to be realistic you won't get every game on the planet or even in america to be unified. The closest you could get would probably be on the level of the BYOND HUB, but with the explanations you've been giving of what the heck the nexus is, you probably won't even get that far.
Ah, I've seen those in the stores.
Developous wrote:
A game thats meant to take the best aspects of every game into a playable system, allowing players to actually enter those games thru a special account, and interact in the main game with those who have entered it.

This sentence seems contradictory to me. Is this system supposed to be a game that combines all the genres, or is it simply an interconnected collection of all the games? Maybe it's like the Matrix, and I'm just not fully comprehending it.

Developous wrote:
Imagine an energy and artefact system that binds the nexus at its root semantics.

Alright, what is this "energy and artefact system" and what exactly is this "nexus" you are talking about supposed to do? I often come up with some crazy ideas, but this just seems insane! I think you should elaborate more on this whole thing. Right now, it sounds like it could be some kind of conspiracy to try and take over the whole gaming universe! How do you expect to enslave the developers? Just kidding.

Seriously though, when you come up with a complex idea, you should present it in its entirety, instead of just giving vague clues about it, and leaving everyone to try and solve the riddle.
My guesses:
Nexus = game hub
Nexus Energy = nays = +1s = likes
Nexian = key = account
or Nexian = avatar used in every game
It's not possible to change every game in existence to join the Nexus, only some existing games and all future games would have this option.

I think it might be like Steam. You sign in to Steam and download and play games inside Steam, and you have access to Steam while playing games. Really, it's nothing special and this thread should just go away.
In response to Developous
Developous wrote:
True, but I need someone to support 2 hubs for it. One for a library and 1 for a main area.

I donate ALL THE HUBS!

Seriously i'll do it I want to see where this goes :)
This is something that i think will be seen in the nearest future. A station bringing companies together, allowing multiple platforms to connect with eachothers and so on.

But i don't beleave this will be revolutionary in the game industry. Companies will lose money, other companies wouldn't want the big cooporation etc. It would never get stable enough to work.

There are more issues to: who could stay in charge of everyhing. There would be huge issues with companies trying to reach different goals through the same system.

The thoughts are good though, but i think everything would be to tight.
Now, the nexus would be An addition to all the games out there. Nexians would interact with ALL the games existant, based on their system.

But entry, apprenticing others, and gaining points in the first place would be the challenge
Page: 1 2