ID:151278

I've been working on a project that requires you to run the game in trusted mode to be able to find a specific folder and save to it on your computer. If it's not on trusted you get spammed with confirmation alerts. Is there a problem with hosted a game as trusted if that's all you're doing?
If you know what the game's source is doing, I'd say it's perfectly safe.

I wouldn't run a dmb you randomly download from the web as trusted though. It has the potential of really screwing up your system if they decide to wipe out your C:\
If you're asking from a user's perspective, as to whether or not they would download your project and be willing to run it as trusted, I would say it depends on your reputation and how badly they want to try it. You're a fairly well-known user, so I would imagine most people would be willing to check it out.

Is there any reason the folder has to be outside of the project directory?
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:

Is there any reason the folder has to be outside of the project directory?

I've been working on a project that allows users to share Graphics using Dropbox. My project finds the Dropbox folder and makes a new directory in the Public folder. It will then save .dmi files people have uploaded in folders according to their key. I've limited how big the file can be that they upload so they don't waste space. I've been working on a sorting system to sort files and find files based off tags people have added to the graphic, the author, the description and/or the name of the file. This way people don't have to use their computer to host the files and I'm going to try and make it so multiple servers can link together sharing their Public Dropbox directories so people aren't limited to 2 GB. Right now you can see a list of icon files in the "[...]\Dropbox\Public\BYOND isf.Resources\[KEY]\" folder and preview/download them. I've been working on getting tags to work. I later plan on allowing people to add sound effect files. I'm going to limit how big the files can be so people can't upload songs for others to download. I'm also going to make it so people can tag something as being a rip which will be reviewed and removed if it is. I don't want any illegal stuff happening through my program.
In response to Zaltron
Can you put your project's DMB in that folder, too? That would solve the problem (and make it so you don't have to track said folder down). I would assume Dropbox lets you ignore files.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Can you put your project's DMB in that folder, too? That would solve the problem (and make it so you don't have to track said folder down). I would assume Dropbox lets you ignore files.

That's not a bad idea. I think I'll do it. That gives me another idea though. I can make it find all the BYOND projects on one's computer and allow them to organize everything and move all the BYOND projects into one place and remove any duplicates if desired or have them be renamed. I can also add an option for them to share specific files through my project.