clan allies:hatake
clan rivals:senju
clan enemies:shurmia

Summoning:toads,slugs,snakes,owls,dogs,monkeys
over 41 clans
unique war systems
way more clan jutsus
over 20 factions
Before I give my two cents, I'm going to go ahead and say I hope you do venture in development and make your own net dream. I don't wish to discourage you or make you feel like this game is a bad idea, but maybe some constructive criticism will be of use to you.

Joemian wrote:
im make an orginal naruto game and i need help

While a lot of developers are tired of Naruto games popping out at every turn, you can post a Classified Ad here in hopes of finding a partner/team. If you run into any code problems, you can seek help here.

7 villages leaf,sand,stone,mist,cloud,rain

Out of curiosity, why do you need seven villages? Let's be optimistic and pretend your game is a hit and gets 50 or so players. On average, every village will have 7 players.

I'm not aware of how many "original" Naruto games there are, but I think Naruto Next Generation did well at keeping the villages well balanced by having 3 villages to choose from -- whereas Naruto Way Of The Shinobi ( Sorry Axerob ) had a cluster of like 12 villages at one point, some of which would only have one or two players, if any.

clan elders,clan leaders,clan allies,clan rivals,clan enemies
example: uchiha clan
clan elder:itachi uchiha and shushi uchiha
clan leaders:sasuke
clan allies:hatake
clan rivals:senju
clan enemies:shurmia

Are clans centered around players or is it NPC based? If it's the latter, I don't see any reason to have clan allies, rivals, and enemies considering most Naruto games are kill or be killed ( most of which have friendly fire enabled, wut? ). NPC based, I can only see it frustrating players if they're punished for killing someone who is hardcoded as an ally due to their clan.

Player based sounds great, nothing like diplomacy. Then again, diplomacy might not mean too much on a PvP game.

Summoning:toads,slugs,snakes,owls,dogs,monkeys

Are these mounts, one time attacks like old Final Fantasy games, "pets"/ally AI?

over 41 clans

This sounds awful. Players being able to create their own character and select their strengths/weaknesses is good and all, but uh ... I find it hard to imagine that these 41 clans will have a different play style than one another. If anything, it sounds both overwhelming and too good to be true. Not to mention it sounds hectic for whoever is going to do the programming/pixel art.

I'm not really into Naruto lore, but I don't recall them having 41 clans. You should aim for a number closer to the lore Naruto provides, or at least a realistic number.

To top it off, I'll go ahead and inform you that most of the time I see fangames ( usually Naruto and Bleach ) claim to have a high number of clans/releases, but it's usually a way to get players to look at their rip. Not a good sign, sir.

unique war systems

How is this system going to be unique? What does it do that no other war system does?

Something worth noting, "unique" is watered down around here. It has lost all meaning because every rip/fangame has claimed to be unique. Again, not a good sign.

way more clan jutsus

With 41 clans, I should hope so! Are they going to be ... "unique" or will they consist of copy/paste code with an icon / color change and/or damage increase/decrease?

By more clan jutsu, are you adding more to certain clans, thus making them more powerful/useful than the others, or are you going to balance out each clan with the same amount of jutsu?

over 20 factions

This is the first I'm hearing about factions. What do they do? Do they benefit me in combat like clans or do they function more like villages?
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:

I'm not aware of how many "original" Naruto games there are, but I think Naruto Next Generation did well at keeping the villages well balanced by having 3 villages to choose from -- whereas Naruto Way Of The Shinobi ( Sorry Axerob ) had a cluster of like 12 villages at one point, some of which would only have one or two players, if any.

Wat. WOTS never had more than 7 villages, and that was back when it had a large playerbase. It currently has 3. You must have me confused with someone else ;)
In response to Axerob
It was one of the WOTS that was being played at the time ( see what I did there? ). Too bad we had this discussion on Skype already.
A certain WOTS rip generation has like 22 villages (I think it's called Dark Resurrection?) and it's crazy.

Best of luck to ya mate.
Unlike some other constructive responses, I can't say I won't tell you that this is just plainly a bad idea. First of all, I have to admit that your outline of the design is... just bad. It's awful, I'm sorry, I just can't sugar coat something like this.

First of all, to claim being both original and based entirely off of an existing IP is just so farcical I can't even begin to explain. There's nothing original about Naruto and even if there were, it's originality was killed in the first few generations of rips.

Lige pointed out most of the big flaws with your features, but I can't help but throw in a few of myself.

First of all, what is the point of your game? What is the overall goal the player is trying to accomplish while he/she plays? Right now there's no incentive, no purpose, no direction for your project. It's going to end up as another, open-ended cluster-duck.

Secondly, how many people to you honestly expect to play your game? The number of clans and factions and what not make it seem that you're designing for a player base of at least 500. I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen on BYOND. If this project does get off the ground, you have to assume that you'll maybe only have 5 or 6 dedicated players at a time, maybe 10 to 20 if people really like it. With this low number of people, having separate factions or clans in the first place is just going to divide your already low population even further, making your game seem even more dead.

Lastly, what do you hope to accomplish by making another Naruto game? I hate to say that you're wasting your time in any situation, but this is one of the few where you're honestly wasting time by trying to complete. You could be doing something so much more productive with your time, programming something that might actually be worth a damn.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I assume that people think that Naruto games are still popular because they see a billion of them on the hub. They're not, they never really were and all of the ones there have no quality what-so ever.

I'm sorry if this truth hurts a little, but it's just a bad idea. Don't listen to me, listen to the waves of others who will tell you the same thing. Don't waste your time.
I think it's fair to say that many people found BYOND by looking for [insert anime of choice here] online game. Maybe Solomn Architect is one of those that found BYOND some other way.

Make your Naruto game. It's worth a damn because you want to make it. It's worth a damn because it's something you like.

I don't get this philosophy of "Build your own net dream as long as it's not Naruto". I don't understand where it comes from. The whole idea of programming games in general is that you create your own world. And if you want to make every wall in your game respond to voice commands, that's your world. If you want farts to be visible and color coded on deadliness, that's your world. If you want an empty space with only a box in the middle and the entire game is trying to open the box with your mind, THAT'S YOUR WORLD.

A lot of people are going to try to discourage you from making things because they're not original IP. Screw em. Make what you feel inspired to. Artists aren't great because they make salable art. They are great because art is their passion. They make art the way they do because they must. If you go into games trying to make money or fame, you're gonna get the current triple A game market. Cardboard with a pretty cover. You want to be the indie developer that just wants to share their work of art with the world. If you happen to make money, that's cool. If you don't, at least others have seen and appreciated your art, and that's good enough.
Not true, actually. I found BYOND from playing an old roleplaying game called Death Note Unlimited.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
I think it's fair to say that many people found BYOND by looking for [insert anime of choice here] online game. Maybe Solomn Architect is one of those that found BYOND some other way.

I didn't find BYOND, my bro told me about it :P

Lugia319 wrote:
I don't get this philosophy of "Build your own net dream as long as it's not Naruto". I don't understand where it comes from. The whole idea of programming games in general is that you create your own world. And if you want to make every wall in your game respond to voice commands, that's your world. If you want farts to be visible and color coded on deadliness, that's your world. If you want an empty space with only a box in the middle and the entire game is trying to open the box with your mind, THAT'S YOUR WORLD.

A lot of people are going to try to discourage you from making things because they're not original IP. Screw em. Make what you feel inspired to. Artists aren't great because they make salable art. They are great because art is their passion. They make art the way they do because they must. If you go into games trying to make money or fame, you're gonna get the current triple A game market. Cardboard with a pretty cover. You want to be the indie developer that just wants to share their work of art with the world. If you happen to make money, that's cool. If you don't, at least others have seen and appreciated your art, and that's good enough.

It's because it's not an original IP that it's not your "own net dream". Someone else made the idea of that anime. It's someone elses net dream in your own way.

I think peoples main problem with anime is it's all the same. There's no purpose to any of them other than getting strong and pwning noobs, then get in trouble for noob killing. - Which I don't mind doing. I like CoD. ;D
In response to Howey
Howey wrote:

It's because it's not an original IP that it's not your "own net dream". Someone else made the idea of that anime. It's someone elses net dream in your own way.

Bolded the important part.

It's someone else's IP that you have chosen to bring to life in a new way, but you're still doing all of the legwork on your own. It's more like you're branching off someone else's netdream, adding your own to it.

By that logic parodies are to be discouraged (such as Dragon Ball Z Abridged, Yugioh Abirdged). We'd be discouraging parodies of songs, discouraging misheard lyrics, and other things that bring us amusement. I think we can all agree that there's plenty of room for creative interpretation on many things in many things, and that trying to restrict it isn't the way to go. Heck, it even turns out to be FREE ADVERTISING.

When you were learning to color did someone slap your hand every time you tried to make the zebra's stripes yellow? Color by numbers always annoyed me for this reason.

At the end of the day, if someone chooses this avenue to express their desire to program, then we should let it go (not to reference Frozen songs that were clearly made for broadway). I don't see how you can say BYOND needs more game developers on one hand but shoo the people making games with the other. "Because they're not original, BYOND can't make money off of them". Maybe not the GAME but if it attracts people, then indirectly, BYOND benefits. On top of that, I think total novices are the people posting these things anyway, and if you think someone that just picked up programming a month ago is gonna make BYOND's next big hit, then you are terribly optimistic.

tl;dr: BYOND has nothing to lose from people making more Naruto games. Stop punching Brittney for trying to recreate someone else's songs.
Physically, we can't stop people from making Naruto games. It's not even about Naruto. If it were people making tons of Death Note games (an anime that I really like) it would get the exact same reaction. Our point is not that people should be condemned for basing games off of existing IP. Our point is that people shouldn't be encouraged to throw their hat into a ring of recess monkeys.

It's such a stagnating niche in the BYOND games department. Why should people be encouraged to join it? Don't be afraid to make what appeals to you, but if you do that, don't expect anyone but you to play it. Game design is a group effort, the group being your audience. You should take their wants into consideration as well.
http://www.byond.com/games/?&text=tag%3Aanime&sort=live

I think that there is definitely an audience there, taking up 15%-20% of the active userbase. That's 1 in 6 people on this website.
In response to Lugia319
You know as well as I do that there's only a tiny portion of games in that section that garnish some sort of a player base.