ID:151503

I've just noticed that my current project takes an average of 15-30CPU and I was wondering.. Is this fine for a project that still rather far from completion? Around what amount of CPU should I be worried about the project becoming too cpu consuming? This is all for a multiplayer anime game and I am using Task Manager to check the CPU usage. When I use the profile option(Server-> Profile) nothing seems to go over 1 CPU but task manager tells me otherwise.
world.CPU tells you how long it took the program to process the last tick. A value of 100 indicates that it took 0.1 seconds to process the last tick, and therefore anything beyond that will result in slowdown.

The task manager is telling you something completely different, namely how many cycles are being used by the BYOND program. It doesn't linearly correlate to world.CPU, and is further complicated by various hardware differences.

Keeping both of them low is good, but it varies so much by hardware that there's no magic number to shoot for, beyond "below the point at which there is actual slowdown".
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
world.CPU tells you how long it took the program to process the last tick. A value of 100 indicates that it took 0.1 seconds to process the last tick, and therefore anything beyond that will result in slowdown.

The task manager is telling you something completely different, namely how many cycles are being used by the BYOND program. It doesn't linearly correlate to world.CPU, and is further complicated by various hardware differences.

Keeping both of them low is good, but it varies so much by hardware that there's no magic number to shoot for, beyond "below the point at which there is actual slowdown".

Alright thanks, I just checked the world.CPU and performed a couple of tests, nothing seems to make my project pass over 0 CPU so I guess I'm good to go.