ID:151651

If you're unfamiliar with the pokemon trading card game, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game

I've been trying to decide where there's room to put energy cards on screen. The general setup of the game looks something like this: pokemontcgideas

I'm thinking of putting the energies underneath of each Pokemon's health, and so far I've considered displaying a small icon of the energy with the number of that type beside it. (O = energy icon) Ex: O x 3

That would show that 3 of the paticular energy was attached to the pokemon. I've been considering showing that below each Pokemon's health (like I've said).

However, doing this means that there would only be room to display 2 or 3 energy types. I've already considered that most cards generally don't need to attach more than two different types of energies to perform, but what if they do? What if a card that requires 5 colourless energies and the player chooses to attach all different energies? Is it okay for me to only display 3 of those energies (the ones first attached)? I was thinking if I did approach it this way, if you did want to know the rest of the energies attached to the Pokemon, you could check the "Card Data" tab (which is not displayed here), which describes the pokemon in full detail, and what is attached to it at the current time.

What I'm trying to do with onscreen energies is for the sake of convienience. Any thoughts?
Unrelated: Use imageshack, and save as PNG.
Ontopic: Have it be a new window that shows each card that's out, and it's energies.
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
Unrelated: Use imageshack, and save as PNG.

I'll do that next time. For now, too much effort :p

Ontopic: Have it be a new window that shows each card that's out, and it's energies.

Another grid, just like the one used for your hand? That may work- but (this is my fault for not mentioning) I want other people, who may be observing to conviniently, and quickley determine in which way the pokemon card battle is progressing :)

It's certainly an option though- what if I did just that, and had perhaps the first two different types of energies attached to the pokemon appear? Most of the time cards don't have more than two types of energies attached. However, at the same time I want observers to be able to see everything, without windows that the players receive to display information.
In response to Speedro
Just show the hand part to everyone in the battle, I suppose.