ID:151741

Well guys, I just posted on the BYOND anime forum asking what type of features/mechanics would you like to see in a Dragonball game. Please visit the link, and reply in the BYOND anime guild.

Thanks,
Forerunnerz.
Bump.
Honestly, I think many people don't even want to see any more DB games popup since there are already way too many of them as it is. Same for Naruto and Bleach games.
Nonexistence.
Why the heck does everyone like dbz?
A log out button.
Please keep the answers productive, regardless of your stance towards Animé games.

Thank you in advance.
Unique gameplay.

If I see a train button, I quit
If I see a pbag, I quit
If I see a PL and that is considered your HP, I quit after spamming obscenities. LIFE FORCE AND POWER LEVEL ARE NOT THE SAME FRIGGIN THING. (Got a lil angry there <_<)
If I see anything that tells me I will have to do anything repetative to level (such as running laps around a grav room, repeatedly punching other players or training dummies, repeatedly mashing my forehead against the keyboard, etc) I quit

Just a few tips. :)
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
If I see anything that tells me I will have to do anything repetative to level [...] I quit

Doesn't that mean you'll actually quit every RPG in existence after reaching level 2, or something to that extent? =P I don't think there are really any games where every time you level up, the process of leveling up becomes entirely different. It's the nature of games. Of course, even repeatedly killing monsters isn't exactly the same, since you'll be healing and using whatever technique against whatever monsters, etc, but if you look at it your way then everything is repetitive.
In response to Ruben7
Lol.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
AJX wrote:
If I see anything that tells me I will have to do anything repetative to level [...] I quit

Doesn't that mean you'll actually quit every RPG in existence after reaching level 2, or something to that extent? =P I don't think there are really any games where every time you level up, the process of leveling up becomes entirely different. It's the nature of games. Of course, even repeatedly killing monsters isn't exactly the same, since you'll be healing and using whatever technique against whatever monsters, etc, but if you look at it your way then everything is repetitive.

I think a bit of common sense can be applied here to realize that I'm speaking about excessive repetitive actions. Come on now Kaioken... You can grasp that.
In response to AJX
I think a bit of humor could be applied here to realize I intentionally grabbed your sentence, hence the smiley. =P
To be on-topic, though: of course, what is 'excessively repetitive' can be pretty subjective - someone can say that repeatedly fighting enemies to level up is too repetitive*, but repeatedly doing quests isn't, but not everybody may agree. It always boils down to repetition, but if that works fluidly as a part of the gameplay then it's not yet what's called 'grinding'. A way to do this is by making skills naturally increase in level as they're used - though most DBZ games aren't so creative and have no skills that can be leveled-up whatsoever. You could have various in-universe DBZ skills though, like control of energy and 'ki', sensing it, proficiency with certain types of techniques, etc.Or you could stick some utterly random skills like "farming", which a few DBZ BYOND games did. xD

*: Most RPGs tend to be like that, incidentally even the popular and praised ones.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
I think a bit of humor could be applied here to realize I intentionally grabbed your sentence, hence the smiley. =P

Notice my post was made in the early morning. (Ok, it was at like noon, but that is when I wake up so same damn thing.) This means that I will always be a complete dick due to the fact that I'm an incredibly pissy person in the morning. So feel free to ignore any posts made between 5 AM and 1 PM as I have probably just gotten up and am ANGURY.

On Topic: Yes, RPGs are repetitive. DBZs usually bring new lengths to the word. That is a bad thing when you're already talking about a repetitive situation.
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
This means that I will always be a complete [profanity!] due to the fact that I'm an incredibly pissy person in the morning. So feel free to ignore any posts made between 5 AM and 1 PM as I have probably just gotten up and am ANGURY.

Ah, sure, no problem really and no offense taken. I can't normally tell by the time though seeing as we have a different timezone. =P

On Topic: Yes, RPGs are repetitive. DBZs usually bring new lengths to the word.

Yas, the BYOND ones at least... it could be made more interesting than "punch bags... rest... punch bags some more" with a little effort. Of course, 'effort' in the making of those games normally amounts to copying a source and changing the GM key(s) to yours, I guess. >_>