ID:151920

I would like opinions on what features that most all MMORPGs have could be applied to a BYOND Anime game without much hassel/frustration.

In the game I are working on we have included hotkeys, simular leveling systems, and a MMORPG inspired interface.

What else might fit?
There is one problem with that. A lot of anime series lack any amount of depth in certain areas.
In Naruto for example there is no kind of lesser enemies/minions of the bad guys, only those major bad guys. There is also a lack of development in locations in the world and definately not enough locations to make a game world from. Things like special attacks and abilities are lacking, so is items/equipment and so on.
This is the reason you don't see any commercial Naruto RPGs, because there is just not enough information given about the world of Naruto to make a RPG from it.

With some anime series it might work, but with the majority of them and the major lack of information provided to work on you'd struggle to make such a game without inventing a lot of things in the game for yourself.
In response to The Magic Man
I'm not trying to make a MMORPG style game, I just want to think of some features to include in the game and MMORPGs seem to be an untapped resource for features Anime game-wise.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
There is one problem with that. A lot of anime series lack any amount of depth in certain areas.
In Naruto for example there is no kind of lesser enemies/minions of the bad guys, only those major bad guys. There is also a lack of development in locations in the world and definately not enough locations to make a game world from. Things like special attacks and abilities are lacking, so is items/equipment and so on.
This is the reason you don't see any commercial Naruto RPGs, because there is just not enough information given about the world of Naruto to make a RPG from it.

With some anime series it might work, but with the majority of them and the major lack of information provided to work on you'd struggle to make such a game without inventing a lot of things in the game for yourself.

There actually is alot you can do with naruto. There are various ranks of ninja with different levels of strength that can be implemented into the game, you can always branch out and create your own versions of these ninjas with different abilities appropriate to whatever the developers would want.

Now, i think there definitely can be an mmorpg like naruto game, (not so much with a series like bleach, which falls more under the lines of what you mentioned) But itl definitely require abit of creativity.
In response to Rtbbvr
Including elements found in MMORPGs makes your game MMORPG styled.

One: monsters must drop lots of unusable junk that is to be sold.
Two: skill trees.
Three: quests/missions

You've got yourself an MMORPG.
In response to Keeth
Don't forget to mention about intense interactive grinding (meaning no log training or punching bags :( )!

You will not find a MMORPG without one!