ID:151958

Alright well in this new project i've been working on, i've decided to use a pretty neat skill system.

There will be many passive skills(such as Hand to Hand and Adrenaline rush -- these are the two that you start with)

The base character has a move delay of 3/10 of a second and it's attack delay(per each attack) is 1.5 seconds. It seems like a bit much, but once i explain the -current- (maybe changing?) System.

First the code Snippet.

if(Skill(BASIC,STARTING,ADRENALINE) && !(tempvars["Rush_Success"]) )
tempvars["Rush"] ++
if(tempvars["Rush"] >=10)
tempvars[ADELAY] = tempvars[ADELAY] - 5
--tempvars[DELAY]
tempvars["Rush_Success"] = 1
tempvars["Rush"] = 0
spawn(200) if(src)
tempvars[ADELAY] += 5
tempvars[DELAY] ++
spawn(300) tempvars["Rush_Success"] = 0 // there should be another if check here.

Right now, after attacking 10 times in a row(i'm hoping to have some kind of system to decrease the rush bursts so you'll have to "combo" them, but i'm not sure on how to do that) the skill activates, it gives you a speed boost of 1(so the delay would be 2/10 of a second) and a Attacking Delay of 1 second(which is noteably faster than 1.5). The effect lasts for 20 seconds and has a cooldown of 30.

I'm not sure how well this will fare in the game itself.(i've tested it, but i still need some opinions) So does this look solid? or could it use work?