ID:1519818

ok so yeah i have no idea how the hell im suppose to make this icon do a punching state any anyone got a clue?

i tried shifting the shoulder and tried moving the leg but it just looks horrid
My suggestion would be to make a "fighting pose" first, then the frames to throw a punch. I'm not an artist though so what do I know haha.
I'd suggest breaking the figure down into simple shapes, or making it a stick figure. An example of this would be what this guy did for his. http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/17445.htm
yeh i tried it but it doesn't work out right side view stuff is easier but like south is harder
have someone pose. take picture. trace skeleton.
easiest as it gets... or just picture it in your head

This could work?
Sorry if it's bad quality did it on ipad.
hmmm thats good but shouldn't his arm be longer and his foot steping forward be like straight?
In response to MademanOne
MademanOne wrote:

This could work?
Sorry if it's bad quality did it on ipad.

try creating a fighting stance so you have to do less work... you'll only have to animate the torso that way.
How about acting out how you want punch to be animated?
Animation in any medium, be it pixel, flash or something else, typically is done via a process of animating by drawing the main poses first then smoothing it out with in-between frames.

Start with the main fighting stance, then draw the fullest punching pose in your animation. From there, it's fairly trivial to blend the two poses into a smooth animation.

If you want to get better at pixel animation, go onto YouTube and just check out all kinds of frame-by-frame animation tutorials. They can teach you a lot of structure as far as how they get their animations to really pop.

[EDIT] Removed my pics because I realized that they didn't actually show any methodology or process.
Yut Put wrote:
i think the base for naruto evolution is floating around somewhere. studying that one would be good for what you're doing here. when sphinxe1 made it, he based it off of a 3d model, so things like the punching state are pretty accurate(not saying it's perfect, but it's the best reference i can think of other than actually looking at figure poses)

Uh uh. He just edited this:

http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/61/Sprite/Naruto.png

for the base. Just Saiyan.
He's correct. The "Naruto Evolution" base was edited from that Naruto sprite sheet... It's obvious.
Zagros5000 wrote:
Reformist wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
i think the base for naruto evolution is floating around somewhere. studying that one would be good for what you're doing here. when sphinxe1 made it, he based it off of a 3d model, so things like the punching state are pretty accurate(not saying it's perfect, but it's the best reference i can think of other than actually looking at figure poses)

Uh uh. He just edited this:

http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/61/Sprite/Naruto.png

for the base. Just Saiyan.

Are you blind or just dumb?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There's more comparisons where that came from, but I feel that's enough to justify it. So what I'd like to ask you now is "Are you blind or just dumb?".