ID:1520360

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I'm having problems with my Dream Deamon opening up. Each time that I open it it just appears at the bar at the bottom of the screen,but when I click it doesn't open but just disappears. How do i fix this?
I suggest taking a look in Task Manager to see if dreamdaemon.exe is actually running. It sounds a lot like it might be crashing silently--which it shouldn't do of course, but that's consistent with your description.
I checked Task Manager and the program is running, any other advice?
Best response
Okay, this might not actually be a problem then (except not being able to get at the icon). DD minimizes itself to the system tray when it runs a server, but I'm not sure if the tray is visible in your Windows. What Windows version are you running?

What happens if you just open DD via hitting Ctrl+D in the pager? Does it open right up and stay up?
I have windows 7, but i have been able to open DD before. When i open it from the pager it does the same thing, it doesn't pop up its just at the the icon at the bottom of my screen. It's in my system tray but i can't open it from their either.
The fact that it's not coming up smells strongly of system instability. Have you rebooted your computer at all since this started happening?
yes i restarted it twice and reinstaled BYOND
Problem solved. DD was just all the way of screen where i couldn't see it, moved now i'm good.