ID:152376

What do you guys think would be better? A map that's divided into several mini-maps, where you would teleport to another map if you reached the edge of another one, or one huge map, where you could walk seamlessly around the world?
Mini-maps. Only because a massive map takes awhile to load/compile in DM (Atleast mine have, in the past).
In response to XzDoG
But will a massive map cause more slow-down? Or does it just take longer to load?
In response to XzDoG
Doesn't really matter, they're still all smashed into a single file in the end anyways. No matter how you split them up it's still a giant map.
In response to Nadrew
There is something to be said for smaller maps, though. They give you a smaller canvas to work with which can make mapping easier by focusing your efforts on a small area instead of having to try and fill in a huge map with junk just to make it not look like crap. Smaller maps are, in my opinion, more condusive to creative design. When you start getting into maps with hundreds of tiles per side you can easily lose your original concept and just start throwing things into the empty space just to get done with the damned mapping.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Yep, I feel the same way. A cursory search back in the Design Philosophy board (the original poster did search back to see if this question was asked before, right? Right? ;-)) will reveal my stance on the issue.