ID:152442

I have a game that is pretty well under way. Basicly you go into battle against a human or an ai. You have your movement phase and your ranged and melee attack phase. It's alot like Warhammer where you throw your dice based on how many attacks your unit has and how many soldiers. Based on your attack and the person who you are atacking's defense, is what you need to roll to see if it hits then you roll to see if the hit gets past armor. Depending on another stat determines if the attacked unit gets a saving roll.

That is all I have so far. Would this really interest people? IT seems to me alittle bland. Any ideas to make it more interesting?
Weapons and equipment to re-fit some of your soldiers. Not to the extent of an RPG, but maybe better rifles or scopes or laser sights.
In response to Pakbaum
There are alot of ways to make it better. Line of sight, cover, moral... These are all in the rules of warhammer (I play a bit of 40K).

But it can't just be about combat if you want to make it compelling. Are you fighting to gain territory? Defend? Are there other win/lose conditions?

After that, you'll have a fun time making useful AI. That's the real ball breaker... =)
Look at some things like D20 Modern , Warhammer 40k, maybe some non-pen and paper like the Jagged Alliance Series. Just go to them for some ideas for rules. Making up your own rules is always fun. =D
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Look at some things like D20 Modern , Warhammer 40k, maybe some non-pen and paper like the Jagged Alliance Series. Just go to them for some ideas for rules. Making up your own rules is always fun. =D

Jagged Alliance was awsome on so many levels. I was greatly pleased with the way you had freedom to progress as you pleased.