ID:1524436

BYOND Version:504
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 26.0
Applies to:DM Language

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When changing the bound_width and bound_height values to 64 or any other multiple of 32 turf/entered from the south(when height is changed) and from the west(when width is changed) does not get called on the movement.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Change the width or height of an atom and watch as Entered is not called for turfs when entering from the south or west.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
/turf/Entered(atom/movable/AM)
world << "AM has entered the turf"

/obj/bigobj
bound_width = 64
bound_height = 64

Expected Results:
The output text "AM has entered the turf" is shown upon entering from any side.
Actual Results:
It only occurs when entering from the north(downward into the new turf) or east(going left into the new turf)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other games?
Do not know
In other user accounts?
n/a
On other computers?
haven't tested

When does the problem NOT occur?
When entering the turf from the north or east, OR having the normal bound_width/height set
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Overriding Move and calling loc.Entered works.
I did this in a test project in 506 and was not able to observe the issue you described. There was an issue with Enter/Exit fixed in one of the 504 releases IIRC, so I think you're just on an old version. You should retest in 506.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I did this in a test project in 506 and was not able to observe the issue you described. There was an issue with Enter/Exit fixed in one of the 504 releases IIRC, so I think you're just on an old version. You should retest in 506.

Nope, still get the issue without my workaround in the latest beta version.
I'll need a test project then. My own test project does not show the issue you're seeing.

If you make a test project, you can zip it up (with source, please) and send it to me at [email protected].
After making up a test project it seems that entered does work with altered bound_width/height, an Entered gets called for each tile the mob/obj takes up. Odd that it won't work in the main game without forcing an entered call.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'