ID:152492

I am using OutsideArea by Shadowdarke for my current game, Creature World DX.

I orginally had it so when a player builds a wall, floor or window, it generates a new /area/inside

In this way, it wouldn't have weather effects or darkness inside houses.

Then I set it up so if you deleted walls, floors or windows, it would generate a new area/outside

In this way, if you removed a wall, the weather effects and darkness would take over.

The problem being is, this works fine when you first get going, but once the game saves the map and you quit, the load it back up again the areas are reverted to the areas set on the map at compile time.

I tried to make it so..

obj/Wall
New()
new/area/outside(src.loc)

And I did that with walls, floors and windows, assuming that when a new obj of that type is made, then that area would be generated. It works at build time, but when you save the game, quit and log back it, the New() command does not seem to be called when the map is loaded. So the areas are never placed back in.

So uh, someone got an idea for me? Either how to get around this or how to save and load the active areas on the map?
Well...you need ..() in the first place...
In response to Shlaklava
Shlaklava wrote:

Not in New you don't. New has no default action, as the process of creating the object is already finished by the time New is called.
How are you saving the map?
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
Shlaklava wrote:

Not in New you don't. New has no default action, as the process of creating the object is already finished by the time New is called.

hmmm...my bad....i thought there was one...