In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Baby Gootchi says No

Crispy should see this. =P
In response to Shades
Really nice work. I used to have like ten different ones back in the day, and they're probably floating around my house somewhere. Looks just like them from what I can remember.
In response to Shades
I was thinking it would be funny to make a Dan and Tom Gootchi.

XP You should. Make it a super-secret Gootchi egg that you randomly get when you get your egg, or make it just plain hard to get, like your Gootchi has to extremely like you, has its intelligence maxxed out, etc...
In response to Dead_Demon
All i can say is Good work i cant wait to play.
I was a big fan of gigapet about 6 years ago and i must say i miss it.

But any ways i think it would be cool for Gootchis to maby fight in an areana aganist each other. and maby even in colour ?

Rat Gootchi

Zog
In response to Zoto
IN COLOR!?
Never. These things are a base of an ugly yellow. :P
Alright so after a little more sprite work, I am going to actully start on the base.

A question came to me as soon as I started on it though, how am I going to actully display the Gootchi and how am I going to have the owners set up and such?

Right now I have it set up so you use a verb to hacth a new egg, and that Egg is a mob, with a var/owner set to your name.

Then it is spawned in the world, and your statpanel does something like this..

mob/PC/Stat()
statpanel("Gootchi")
for(var/mob/Gootchi_Egg/G in world)
if("[src]" in G.owner)
stat(G)

Now this works just fine, but it just occured to me, that if you get like.. Kind of like AceBloke's game, where there is like 25 or more Gootchi in the game at once.. This is gonna cause a lot of lag, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I can display the Gootchi info to the Owner, let me know please!
In response to Shades
mob
player
var/mob/gootchi/gootchi
gootchi
var/mob/player/owner
mob/verb/hatch_egg()
var/mob/gootchi/g
//hatch it and stuff here, make it new, etc.
g.owner=src
gootchi=g
mob
Stat()
statpanel("Gootchi")
stat(gootchi
In response to Gumshoe
Nah Sniper Joe already helped me out and it works just fine. It is also less complicated then what you have shown me, thanks for the help though.
Design Ideas

8 hours is 1 yr for a Gootchi.

If a Gootchi is really hungry it might consume Gootchi stool someone didn't clean up, it'll get sick.

If a Gootchi is really hungry and really angry, it might eat another Gootchi.

A Gootchi in a really bad mood may squak at or bite another Gootchi. If this happens the owner should displin it, if the owner isn't on, click the offending Gootchi to chase it away from your own.

If you abuse your Gootchi too much, it can go two ways, get really sick and depressed, or become rebellious and mean. If it is the later whenever you try to work with it, it'll simply bite you.

I want to add in Gootchi fights, as players have mentioned it to me, and I see some people even asked for it in Acebloke's game, Id like to do this, but I don't want it to be ABOUT fighting, I want it to be about raising the Gootchi.
In response to Shades
There should be a mailing system or something so if someones Gootchi misbehaves, another player can send them mail letting the Gootchi's owner know that their Gootchi misbehaved.
In response to Shades
Ohhh boy. Heres where we're gonna get some sick ad twisted people. :P

But, it sounds great Shades! Maybe for health and happiness you could give them gifts and such? or make them do tricks for treats?
In response to Mechanios
I have an idea but i do not belive it can be done or sure how to do it.Tell me wut u think of them.

*Your gootchi's information is saved to your computer.(so it is easliy accesed form sever to sever)

*At the hub u login to the lobby were it could be possible to login to a diffent sever (ie : bomberman arena)to possible fight go to a store with items to decorate your indavidual house(assuming your Gootchi is in one or the game setup allows it)

*You can also have the option to host your own sever that would show on the lobby but u have the option to dissallow or allow people(or a poerson on your friends list) to enter your sever.

*The sever you host will be diffrent than the main lobby store by selling less rare items and maby some mini games to earn cash to spend (i belive gigapets had a rock paper siccors system)

*Also this is the part iam not sure about : I saw a lib for muiti-sever chat so that if your sever is closed and u dont want any 1 in. u can still chat on a Occ type system so u dont get too board alone with your pet.

In response to Zoto
I am not going to allow client side saving, that only incourages cheaters.

And I decided that there won't be any kind of money.
Alright I took a half day of work today because I did everything I needed to before lunch. My 90 days was over Sunday and they said it was all good, lets hope I don't get a write up! =P

Annnyways, I sat down and forced myself to work with Gootchi as I have another idea that is floating in my skull that is trying to demand attention from me and I want to at least get Gootchi in a Beta first.

What I have right now:

Players can start by using the "Raise Gootchi Verb". They can only raise one at a time. When they use this verb, a egg will radnomly pop up on the screen.

It will take 2 mins for the egg to Hatch. You will know when the little guy is hatched because he will *Beep* at you to let you know.

I added in a Age() proc. Gootchi time is different from our own. For every 5 mins in our world, it is 1 Day in Gootchi Land. Every 360 days your Gootchi will age by +1. So it takes like around 30 hours for it to age one year. Perhaps I should shorten that by a little bit, or do you think that is pretty good?

The Gootchi will also only need to be fed once a day, if that. When you feed your Gootchi food and treats it will gain a *little* weight. If it gains too much, it can get sick, but as it gets hunrgy, it will also loose a *little* weight. So bascilly if you got a fat ol' Gootchi on your hands, you can starve it for a little bit and it should slim down.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:

I added in a Age() proc. Gootchi time is different from our own. For every 5 mins in our world, it is 1 Day in Gootchi Land. Every 360 days your Gootchi will age by +1. So it takes like around 30 hours for it to age one year. Perhaps I should shorten that by a little bit, or do you think that is pretty good?

That's kinda complicated, as 30 hours is waay to much for a year, though 1 minute a day isn't enough. =/
ok

1. Change the name, gootchi sounds weird.

2. They can make money racing or 'arena style combat'

3. Different types should have different stats

4. The tastes they have should change slightly as they grow, but should be about the same.
In response to Bones the Great
Bones the Great wrote:
ok

4. The tastes they have should change slightly as they grow, but should be about the same.

If you are going to reply to like one reply in a thread you should read them all. I already said I am not changing the name, but hey, thanks for the completely pointless suggestion.

I used Gootchi because it sounded weird. Jesus.

I just said I decided to take money out.

This is not a role playing game. They won't have STR, DEF or AGI type stats.

As of right now, there are two types of food, Meal (which is bread) and a Treat (which is candy). This may change in the future if I wish to get more complicated, but as of right now will stay the same.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Bones the Great wrote:
ok

If you are going to reply to like one reply in a thread you should read them all. I already said I am not changing the name, but hey, thanks for the completely pointless suggestion.

I used Gootchi because it sounded weird. Jesus.

I just said I decided to take money out.

This is not a role playing game. They won't have STR, DEF or AGI type stats.

As of right now, there are two types of food, Meal (which is bread) and a Treat (which is candy). This may change in the future if I wish to get more complicated, but as of right now will stay the same.

Shades, FTW
Page: 1 2 3