ID:152576

Is it possible to steal a source code just from the creator hosting the game? If so, is there a way to stop it from happening? Because some guy came in, said lol! hax0r! and left. I'm alittle concerned, his name was Dhakkon.

Anyways maybe i'm just over-reacting. But i spent about 5 months on the code and I don't want it stolen.
Unless you have it set to give out the source code in Dream Maker, when packaging, or if you have it giving out the .dm files in a verb or something, no. He's just some idiot being, what else, and idiot. I think I remember some of his posts on the forums before. He's an imbicile.
Realistically, no. Most likely Dhakkon thought it was fun to try and get a reaction out of you.
In response to Popisfizzy
Okay, thank you very much. Yes right now only I am hosting my game and I havent given anything out to anyone yet. I'm only giving the hosting files when its ready for use. I could use some expert advice about how the game is coming.

I can't give you a link to it, but it's in unpublished under the name mega man rpg. Again, any feedback is helpful :D
In response to Tazor07
Tazor07 wrote:
I can't give you a link to it, but it's in unpublished under the name mega man rpg. Again, any feedback is helpful :D

http://games.byond.com/hub/Tazor07/MegaManRPG
In response to DarkCampainger
Cheater :/
As long as you were wearing a tinfoil hat, you're probably okay.
In response to Jp
No, the tinfoil hat is for when the gray men want to steal your liver and probe your anus.
In response to Popisfizzy
Tinfoil hats are remarkably multi-purpose these days.
In response to Crispy
They keep your head from getting hot. I wear a tinfoil hat while sailing occasionally. I think it's chic.
In response to PirateHead
Well at least when aliens invade, they wont be able to read your mind :/
In response to Tazor07
But they probably will still probe ya XD

Anyways, as most people said, no. However, if a person needs the code that is part of the "team" and is not coder (eg: pixel artist), give them a modified coding having just the things they need (eg: the object tree with icon/icon_state only)

Afterall, better to err on the side of caution * "accidently" code-bans that guys key * ... <.<

- GhostAnime