ID:152675

Well, I decided to work on another game again... This game is going to deal with gangs mainly. At the beginning, you choose your race (out of these four: Asian, Hispanic, Black, Caucasian). Next, you choose if you are going to be a gangsters, or if you would like to be a good guy. Then you will choose the kind of music you listen to (Although most gangs have people that like rap, I want to include players that like rock as well).

For The Gangsters:
You will not be able to start your own gang right away, and if you join a gang, you cannot leave it, unless you kill the gang leader. In order to create a gang, you must have a reputation of knowing how to deal with gangs. To increase your reputation, you must do the following:

1)Kill the opposing people that like other music (such as if you chose rap as your music, you kill those that like rock) or kill good guys.
2)Deal Drugs without getting caught. Meet up with other players, or the gang member NPC's in dark alleys, and give them drugs in exchange for cash, without getting caught. There are certain areas that are tightly secured by cops, so be smart and careful.
3) Go underground into music battles, and show off your musical talent. Don't go into this at first, because you will only win if you have a high rep.

Once you have a rep of 5 stars, you will be able to start up your own gang. Choose the color of the gang and the name. Some NPC's may want in on your gang, and you can look at their rep to see if you want them. Players can also join in on your gang if you allow them to. Your money is used to buy weapons. Cops will take away money from you if they arrest you, and if you are broke, you hit rock-bottom with 0 rep again. If you are killed, your rep stars goes down by 1.

For The Good Guys:
You will not be able to start your own group of good guys right away either. You must prove yourself worthy to the cops. To increase your rep for this, you must do the following:

1) Kill all gangsters you see.
2) Witness drug dealing taking place, and dial 911 on your phone. If police catch the drug dealer, or the person buying the drugs, then your rep will go up.

Once you have a rep of 5 stars, you will be able to start up your own group. Choose the name of your group, and the cops will send you some more cops to join your group. Other players can also join your group so you can keep the justice going around. Cops pay for your basic weapons, but you must use your own money to buy for better weapons. If you are killed, your rep goes down by 1.

Please tell me what you think of it, and how it should be improved.
You do know what 'gangbang' means, right?

If not, google imagesearch it. With safesearch off.
In response to Hell Ramen
There, I edited it all to gangsters...
In response to Killerdragon
Gangsters are Mafia people, I think you need to change them all again to "Gangstas". =P
Killerdragon wrote:
Well, I decided to work on another game again... This game is going to deal with gangs mainly. At the beginning, you choose your race (out of these four: Asian, Hispanic, Black, Caucasian). Next, you choose if you are going to be a gangsters, or if you would like to be a good guy. Then you will choose the kind of music you listen to (Although most gangs have people that like rap, I want to include players that like rock as well).

Black isn’t a race it’s a skin color, and I would add classical, R&B, Heavy Metal, and just about every other music type too. Most people see “Gangstas” as mainly being of African origin, and listening to Rap,. When in fact there are tons of Caucasian “skin head” gangs, like for instance the Aryan Brotherhood, and they listen to that heavy metal, and rock stuff. Asian gangs would be like the Triads AKA the Chinese Mafia, so they would probably listen to Classical Chinese music if there is such a thing. And really bad and good views vary from person to person. I don’t see a person who is in a gang as a “bad” person at all, I believe the bad people are politicians. =P

For The Gangsters:
You will not be ...
2)Deal Drugs without getting caught. Meet up with other players, or the gang member NPC's in dark alleys, and give them drugs in exchange for cash, without getting caught. There are certain areas that are tightly secured by cops, so be smart and careful.

You should also add, dirty cops that take drugs as a bribe, and undercover cops, who participate in the drug deals.

3) ... Cops will take away money from you if they arrest you, and if you are broke, you hit rock-bottom with 0 rep again. If you are killed, your rep stars goes down by 1.

For The Good Guys:
You will not be able to start your own group of good guys right away either. You must prove yourself worthy to the cops. To increase your rep for this, you must do the following:

1) Kill all gangsters you see.

Well, most gang members don’t attack civilians, so why would civilians look for gang members to attack?

2) Witness drug dealing taking place, and dial 911 on your phone. If police catch the drug dealer, or the person buying the drugs, then your rep will go up.

Please tell me what you think of it, and how it should be improved.

Good luck, a friend and I tried making a game with gangs and such called Streetz, and another one about Prison Life, called well… Prison Life. >_> But back to the point people will tell you it’s stupid and such so don’t listen?
In response to Digital Samurai
DS, you really need to steer away from the sterotypes there pal. ;)
Hell Ramen wrote:
You do know what 'gangbang' means, right?

If not, google imagesearch it. With safesearch off.

Hell ramen, it has multiple meanings. I think he was looking for "Gang Bangers"
that, Is someone who rocks gang colors.
In response to XzDoG
Definitions from dictionary.com:
OFFENSIVE, highlight to read:
<font color=lightgray>
1. Sexual intercourse, often rape, involving one person or victim and several others who have relations with that person in rapid succession.
2. Sexual intercourse involving several people who select and change partners in an indiscriminate manner.</font>
In response to XzDoG
This is interesting...Actually, there is truth in stereotypes, otherwise we wouldn't have them. The problem becomes when assumptions are made based off of stereotypes, but it would be stupid to disregard stereotypes altogether. It's better to keep in mind what people tend to be like so as to be cautious, but treat people equally despite their differences. Don't get hung up on stereotypes, but don't get hung up and denouncing them either.

Stereotypes are merely generalities. They can change with time, and are never true all the time. They're rarely politically correct. And that makes them funny.

In addition, are there not good stereotypes?
In response to Digital Samurai
Gangsters are way cooler than gangstas.
In response to Rockinawsome
Rockinawsome wrote:

Without wanting to go offtopic, what do you mean by "good stereotype"?
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:

I think he means stuff like 'work like a Trojan'. Where it's stereotying all Trojans as hard workers, but it's considered positive so no one gets offended.
Ramen, once again that is not the STREET definition that he was speaking of.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gang+banger
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Rockinawsome wrote:

Asians being good at math.
So it's sort of a racist cops and robbers?

How about you get away from the stereotypes and let players pick sides- Criminal or Law Abiding. Then they pick a faction- West Side, North Side, East Side, South Side. Maybe a faction color/symbol to distinguish them. Criminals fight for turf and shares of illegal activities. Law Abiders get credit for busting up the same and can, upon showing enough credibility, earn station as law enforcement officers. Of course rivalries may develop between enforcment groups as they strive to score the best stats (and some may take bribes to ignore certain things).

The whole music and race thing seems a bit... odd.
In response to Jmurph
OMG YOU LIKE DIFFERENT MUSIC TO ME *Bang*
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:

That must be really annoying for the Asians that actually are really good at math. On the one hand you're really good at math which is great, on the other you fit into one part of a stereotype so everyone assumes that you fit the rest of it.
Not to mention that people assume you're just naturally good at math, despite the fact you probably worked hard.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:

And black people being fast runners?

Somehow I don't think you can really get good stereotypes. Yes- one can claim that stereotypes do work and how humans evolved it to assess situations easily, but in modern society stereotypes really aren't that useful.

Just because a stereotype depicts a group of people having a positive trait doesn't make it a complimentary, good stereotype at all...
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
SuperAntx wrote:

That must be really annoying for the Asians that actually are really good at math.

Think how annoying it must be for the Asians who aren't good at math.