ID:152740

Another DBZ game on the go...but Not Zeta....please read on before replying.

I am very eager to do a DBZ game as Im a huge fan, have been for ages, but with all the rips out there ppl are losing intrest.

I have a great idea for a DBZ game that would make it unlike any other one on BYOND, problem is I lack the proper skills to make it the way I want....therefore I would need to get a team together and thats where I think the problem would lie.

Do you think anyone would be remotely interested in this?? I know people will always play the DBZ games on byond but do you think anybody would consider helping me to make it?

It will get made by me at some point, however it will pretty much blow, thats why I need a team, so I guess the main question I was wondering on is....Do you think anyone would help me and would you be interested in hearing my idea for it??

~ Danny ~
Just say the idea. Maybe someone will help.
In response to Kalzar
Well what I wanted to do was spend quite a bit of time on getting this game right, a good few months at very least. You pick a race, I will say Saiyan as an example.

You start off on planet vegeta, new born baby, you must then train up a bit b4 being sent to destroy a planet, after that you return to Vegeta to train again.

Once you have grown superior you move on to planet earth where again you must train up to progress further on, basically instaed of repeating myself this goes on for lie 2 more planets, in which after that you are free to roam among them.

It would take time to come up with a scenario for easch race so I think they might be limited to start with, Dragonballs and certain Techniques will become available as you progress through the planets.

This of cours is just a little summary of what I would like to make, and I know it would take a lot of time and hard work.

My first idea when thinking of this was that I didnt want someone to join the game, and in a few hours be one of the strongest. I want it to be a game where to become strong you actually have to put time and effort into it, because those that cant be bothered doing so, I dont want to play along side.

So what dop you think, as I said 'quick sum-up' but do you think its worth trying to get a team together for this?
Dice1989 wrote:
Another DBZ game on the go...but Not Zeta....please read on before replying.

I am very eager to do a DBZ game as Im a huge fan, have been for ages, but with all the rips out there ppl are losing intrest.

I have a great idea for a DBZ game that would make it unlike any other one on BYOND, problem is I lack the proper skills to make it the way I want....therefore I would need to get a team together and thats where I think the problem would lie.

And that indeed is where it usually lies. What you've said above is pretty much identical to what every other DBZ game author has said.

If you really want to do well by your game, best to strongly flesh out the concept (with some good solid reading in game development) while working on a lesser project to get some programming skills under your belt.

Do you think anyone would be remotely interested in this?? I know people will always play the DBZ games on byond but do you think anybody would consider helping me to make it?

You'd probably get some half-committed people, like these projects always seem to get. A word to the wise: Do not give out source code, even to someone developing maps. Of course, it's better by far if your program can generate its own maps.

It will get made by me at some point, however it will pretty much blow, thats why I need a team, so I guess the main question I was wondering on is....Do you think anyone would help me and would you be interested in hearing my idea for it??

I think you'd have to spell out your idea first to get any serious attention.

Lummox JR
In response to Dice1989
Dice1989 wrote:
So what dop you think, as I said 'quick sum-up' but do you think its worth trying to get a team together for this?

For the idea as you've presented it, no. A storyline will not sell a DBZ game, and yours is too structured in that regard. Every character follows the same path.

Plus, what kills these games isn't that you have to work to become powerful, but that there's always such a huge imbalance of power between players.

So what you've suggested sounds no different at all from other games, except perhaps in the rigid storyline which is a bad idea anyway. If you really want to make a good DBZ game, go study what's involved in making a fun and challenging game, and the balance issues involved.

Lummox JR