ID:152834

I have BYOND version 3.41 (i think), and i didn't want to upgrade just because I thought, hey, maybe some people don't want to upgrade just to play a game, so I decided to keep it at 3.41 so everybody could play my game. The only problem is that now I can't play some other games I really would like to play. What solution would you give me to this problem, should I just forget about those other games, or should I at least upgrade to a higher version???
The upgrades are free and easy. Upgrade, and it will encourage your gamers to do so as well.
In response to PirateHead
And fix a bunch of bugs + new things added :).
In response to Sniper Joe
ive got 341, works fine for me :)
In response to Derekjeterisgod
It does..but if you look at the notes, there are a lot of things fixes/added.
I don't like the idea of not seeing all the games and only the live ones. I upgraded to 3.5 and i thought it was poop :(
In response to RaditzX
Change is needed some times.. I didn't like it at first, but I stuck with it and now, I see it looks more advanced and proffesional then the old version, AND will allow for better game DS interface costumization in furutre versions.
In response to RaditzX
RaditzX wrote:
I don't like the idea of not seeing all the games and only the live ones. I upgraded to 3.5 and i thought it was poop :(

Just use the website version of the hub. All the old hub button did was take you to the BYOND.com website.
I wouldnt upgrade.
Version 341 is professional enough for my tastes.Besides the 3.5 betas have sloppy interfaces and I prefer 341's interface above all.
Given those points (as vague and scarce as they are)
I hop its easier for you to decide on upgrading or not
(Myself,for instance wouldn't upgrade unless I seriously had to.Till then 341 is my home)

Itanium
In response to Itanium
How is it sloppy? That is slander >_>.
there are icon making problems with the latest dream maker... And the DS in the new BYOND is really bitchy and inconvenient IMO... I say stick to the current version until they have a NEW new byond version that has the fixes unless there's a game you want to play that requires you to update.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Well, I just wanted to upgrade to a version where I can add in BYOND Member stuff, so prolly just the next version that has that. And if I don't like it, isn't it possible to de-grade??
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Bitchy? How? I love the new DS. It's hella better than the old standby, where you have a new pager for every window and all that. This also opens the possibitlies wide for fullscreen, etc.