In response to Ol' Yeller
I set some macros for shooting and attacking, im making macros for picking up objects, interacting with objects(fuse boxes), equipping and uneqquipping, and talking to NPC's as well. I am making buttons for "Help", "Who", "Say", and "OOC". I will try to make little hud displays of the players legs, arms, head, heart, and stomach, and when something gets shot or cut like those, it'll change that icon so it will show an icon of it crossed out, and change the players icon as well. I am going to make it so there are very little if no verbs in panels. There will only be 2 statpanels (hopefully), which will show the players stats and the players inventory. Tell me what you think..
In response to Killerdragon
Hmmm, what do you guys think, should I add in saying to members on your team. IE : A player is on the blue team and only says stuff to players on the blue team, not to the other teams. Should I add it in?
May i ask, what did you use for ur attacking system?
In response to Lou
I used my own custom coding. It isn't fully completed yet, as I haven't done much, but the base of the combat system I just used from my RPG that I am working on. I am just going to make a variable that chooses it randomly, and that should work to make it hit different parts of the body. When you die you just respawn, as there will be no nurses around. The combat is for attacking players as well, since it is a team match, so you must do whatever is necessary to win, either kill players or guards (although it is best not to kill the guards).
Hm... Beware though, cuz if some random person gets repeated headshots purely out of luck, ppl mite not want to play ur game...but other than that it sounds pretty cool.
In response to Lou
Hmmmm, so maybe make it so that if you get shot in the places where you die instantly very rare, depending on difficulty? I.E. If the server is on "Easy" setting, it is very, very rare, whereas on "Hard" setting, it is still a bit rare but still more common. Tell me what you think of that. Also, players can dodge bullets by moving out of their way.
Yea that sounds bout rite, how about "charging" <--note the quotes, to increase accuracy?
In response to Lou
Charging? What do you mean exactly? Do you mean like a charge-attack, or you can charge up to increase your accuracy in both shooting and attacking? Explain more specifically...
To so called "charge" you have to stay in a place for some time to increase accuracy. Ive seen this idea implemented in TFC (team fortress) if youve ever played it.
In response to Lou
No, I have not played that game, but I believe now I understand what you are saying. So maybe like a training room inside of the team rooms where you can train to increase accuracy? Hmmm, that could work. I hope players will be smart enough to understand though that when the chip is found, the world will be rebooted and nobody will be saved...
if(prob(2))
src << "HEADSHOT"
In response to Blakdragon77
No...more like he stands in place (accuracy 1) sits for 5 seconds (accuracy 3). HIs accuracy gets higher to a eventual limit the longer he stands still.
In response to Lou
Hmmm, I think they should be doing something while they wait though, like a command to tell them to go into that mode.
now to emphasize on "Shifts" that I described earlier about the guard AI...

Every few minutes or so, a guard would probably go somewhere else... maybe a new post or go on break. AND the guard that left will be replaced by another guard, however it should take time for this second guard to get there... Not to mention checking in and out with time cards and etc.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
O yea, that probably shouldn't be too hard of a problem. And when an alarm is triggered, the guards cannot go on break or be replaced, as all of the guards will come out to secure the areas. When an alarm isn't, it'll wait for about 1 minute and there will be no guards inside the hallways at that time. That shouldn't be hard at all..
That just gave me a good tactic. If an alarm goes off all the guards go to check it out leaving few behind and I could slip past them. Whens the first release coming!?
I dunno, its gonna be private alpha testing for a while, at least till all known bugs are out of it (but with school starting soon, it'll be a really long time). First open version is unknown. Sorry. Hopefully it will be good enough for you to enjoy though. I mean, I have made a few games and they are pretty basic, not all that great, but I have gotten some people that enjoy those games, so hopefully you will enjoy this one.

On the subject of your tactic, that would be good if you can find a way to make it to the guard room after they all go into hallways. One that I would recommend is going into a room (guards cannot see you if you are in a room)but you will have to think of a good time to leave and make a run for the guard room, as there are a few guard suits in there.

On the subject of fuse boxes and lighting. This is a very simple solution. Players and guards get flashlights so that whenever a fuse box wire is triggered to turn the lights off, your flashlight turns on and you can see 3 spaces ahead of yourself. Guards can see much more farther though with there flashlights, so be on the look-out for guards (although this is very hard when your flash-light is lower key than theirs). Basically all this is is just luminosity settings.
How about the flashlight goes foward a few spaces and fans out(for realistic effect) other than 6 squares all around him
It'd be cool if there were like an armory/security lounge, and when the guards changed shifts, thats where they went.

You should also make it possible for the room to be stormed. Ie, make it so players can walk in and get slaughtered by x amount of guards.
In response to Nukes4U
Yea, there is gonna be a guard room. Guards will be in there all the time, except when an intruder is detected. There will also be gaurd suits in there...
Page: 1 2 3