In response to Jamesburrow
Some people believe that MMORPG stands for Massive Multi-player online Role Playing Game
In response to Killerdragon
Why do people have to restate themselves? About 3 or 4 people have said the exact same thing. If you're just going to say the same thing, don't say anything at all. I'm not trying to be mean, but it just makes it look like this thread is more popular than it is when it's really 4 people saying "MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game"
In response to Justin Knight
Justin Knight wrote:
For MMORPGs, it stands for massively multiplayer in games such as EverQuest and World Of Warcraft. Multi-Member could be used for smaller games. Massively Multiplayer implies thousands upon thousands of people in the game.

Yeah but it sort of defeats the perpose of having them both if they use the same acronym.
Personally I use mMO for mini Multiplayer Online (games designed for 2-10 players), MO for Multiplayer Online (games designed for 10-50 players) and MMO for Massively Multiplayer Online (games with 50+ players in mind).
In response to DarkView
I'm going with what he said.
In response to Popisfizzy
Ironicly, this was what BYOND was origonally intended for, then Dan and Tom decided to add in grahpics, etc. etc.

There are lots of guides to help you build a MUD.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:

Yeah but it sort of defeats the perpose of having them both if they use the same acronym.
Personally I use mMO for mini Multiplayer Online (games designed for 2-10 players), MO for Multiplayer Online (games designed for 10-50 players) and MMO for Massively Multiplayer Online (games with 50+ players in mind).

I've never saw it broken down like that before. Hasn't this thread gone off topic?
In response to Justin Knight
Off topic off schmopic...Darkview was replying to your post!
Page: 1 2