ID:152977

I have been reading the dm guide lately, I have understood the first couple of chapters(past procs). Now I have reached the hard parts of the dm guide, such as walk_toward etc, is there anyway I can get these stuck in my head. Its been a pain understanding this lately.
When you don't comprehend something in the DM Guide, I suggest re-reading that part until you understand it. You would be suprised at how well that method works! =)
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
When you don't comprehend something in the DM Guide, I suggest re-reading that part until you understand it. You would be suprised at how well that method works! =)

Yeah but rereading sometimes does not help,my guess is invent some type of demo every chapter.Then after you have all the demos invented,when you finish the dm guide make a small game. Is it a good idea or what?
In response to Broly103
Broly103 wrote:
Yeah but rereading sometimes does not help,my guess is invent some type of demo every chapter.Then after you have all the demos invented,when you finish the dm guide make a small game. Is it a good idea or what?

That sounds like a great idea! Whenever I learn a new concept, I always try to create and implement it in a small demo for myself -- I've really learned alot that way.
Never push your way forcefully through a programming guide. You force bottlenecks into your learning every time you encoutner something that you don't catch onto.

It isn't that walk_towards() is a complicated procedure, it's just that its function isn't easily memorized. Don't sweat it! You don't need to memorize anything at all. Just start doing whatever you want to do and the procedures you use along the way will automatically stick in your brain better every time you apply them.

There's a huge searchable reference included with Dream Maker (F1 Help) that eliminates the necessity to memorize the procedures you will use. When you need detailed information on something, look back at the reference.
In response to PirateHead
PirateHead wrote:
There's a huge searchable reference included with Dream Maker (F1 Help) that eliminates the necessity to memorize the procedures you will use. When you need detailed information on something, look back at the reference.

Indeed, the reference is a programmer's best friend. I can't count the number of times I've quickly hit F1 and typed a few letters to check the name or syntax of a built-in proc.