ID:1530031

Not Feasible
Applies to:Website

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
seriously can we get a filter for all these brazilan and foreigner games im sick of byond being cluttered with games of languages i don't understand like a filter or a separate section for em its seriously stupid to have em on a english website
Mastergamerx wrote:
seriously can we get a filter for all these brazilan and foreigner games im sick of byond being cluttered with games of languages i don't understand like a filter or a separate section for em its seriously stupid to have em on a english website

"em"

Nice.

You're being somewhat racist..

[EDIT] Perhaps you should brush up on your English.
Without a system in place for developers to specify "this game is primarily in X language," I can't see this being something implemented. Not to mention, individual servers (which we have zero control over) can use any language they like regardless of whatever language the hub states.
It's not "racist" at all to want to play on a server were everyone speaks the same language you do.
In response to MisterPerson
MisterPerson wrote:
It's not "racist" at all to want to play on a server were everyone speaks the same language you do.

I think that's why he said "somewhat racist".

Maybe a better idea would be the be able to hide hubs like how you can hide status's on your facebook home wall. But even then it's pretty pointless. The games usually say if they're not speaking English, just don't play them.
I wouldn't really say they're cluttering BYOND, especially since most of our games are in English. To say they're cluttering BYOND makes me assume you're referring to the anime section, which makes the cluttered statement rather ironic.

LordAndrew wrote:
Without a system in place for developers to specify "this game is primarily in X language," I can't see this being something implemented. Not to mention, individual servers (which we have zero control over) can use any language they like regardless of whatever language the hub states.

Anyway, pretty much this. If the hub isn't in your primary language, it's probably best to avoid it.
Mastergamerx wrote:
im sick of byond being cluttered with games of languages i don't understand

Perhaps you should take some time to educate yourself? Seems like a more positive solution to your problem.

Knowing multiple languages is a huge boost to your job prospects and the best way to learn a language is to use it.
Filtering for Languages wouldn't be a bad thing - especially if BYOND could then maybe BYOND could focus on the most common published; it would help bring additional people from those languages in. Adding forums for them and catering to the needs of these groups could make it quite a bit more lively.
Jajaja este pendejo es un racista!!
I don't really think the request is racist. There is a point to be made that individual servers could still tend to a different language than the main game, but otherwise it makes sense. The problem is we'd have to add a field for the language choice, tie that in to searches, and put in a UI to include that somewhere. And then we'd either have to assume users were setting the language correctly or make it easier for moderators to change it.

The work/reward ratio is pretty high, when all you really need to do is just skim past any game in the list that's obviously in Portuguese or says "BR". There aren't so many that it's a huge problem.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)