ID:153012

I had a good idea today, its amazing, its the first time its happened to me =p

Anyways, I was thinking why not incorperate a concept that most retail online strategy games do, which is ladder seasons. What someone might do, is create a game and let it run for 2 months or so, then every 2 months delete all the savefiles, and remodle some of the maps.

This way people cannot truly master the game because they won't have a constant character that they can get godlike, and this way its also still fun because the game is constantly changing.

ummm, I suppose im asking is this a good idea?
This way people cannot truly master the game because they won't have a constant character that they can get godlike

Mastery of a game entails getting to the highest level :P? I thought it would have to do something with talent at playing the game.

ummm, I suppose im asking is this a good idea?

Unfortunantly I don't think it will work well as the players who play constantly will still end up far ahead of the infrequent player that only plays periodically and the infrequent player is punished because he might not get very far if he's freqeuently reset and experiance much less of the game.

This works out in strategy because what you can do isn't limited by how long you have played.