ID:153095

Well, I am making channels for my text based roleplaying game. I have 4 channels.

Roleplay Channel 1.
Roleplay Channel 2.
Roleplay Channel 3.
And OOC Channel.

Okay, now here is my question. Which way would be best?

1) Let the people in the OOC channel hear the people in the roleplay channels, but do not let the people in the roleplay channels hear OOC channel.

2) Let the people in the roleplay channels hear the people in the OOC channel, but do not let the people in the OOC channel hear the people in the roleplay channels.

3) Do away with channels altogether and just make each one color coded or add tags.

4) Add an option to give the user choices 1 or 2.

Please reply here and tell me whichever you think would be the best choice for me to do with it. Thanks for your time!

By the way, I didn't know where to post this for sure. But this forum seemed like the most reasonable place to post this.
Options are always great. Design it so that the users can listen, or not listen, to whatever channels they want. That way if in the future you want to add more channel choices, it'll be easy.
In response to Jon88
Well, that sounds like a great idea! Can't go wrong with giving them the options anyway they want. Thank you!