In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Graphics aren't what BYOND is about. Why not argue we need a 3D engine as well?

BYOND is about a game developing community. One facet of game development is graphics. I do agree that good gameplay > good graphics, but I think that people truly could be doing more with BYOND graphics then they currently are.

Good gameplay is great, but if I could choose between good gameplay with bad graphics and good gameplay with good graphics, I would obviously choose the latter.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
Graphics aren't what BYOND is about. Why not argue we need a 3D engine as well?

BYOND is about a game developing community. One facet of game development is graphics. I do agree that good gameplay > good graphics, but I think that people truly could be doing more with BYOND graphics then they currently are.

Good gameplay is great, but if I could choose between good gameplay with bad graphics and good gameplay with good graphics, I would obviously choose the latter.

Indeed.

When looking for a partner, do you REALLY go for personality over looks?

Hah, just because we're programmers...give me a break.
In response to Sleinth
Graphics don't have much of a role in gameplay. The only role they have is conveying action. However, a game with no graphics can also convey action, therefore the effect on gameplay of graphics is minimal at best. I consider the categories very different.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Indeed.

Games!=Girls
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Graphics don't have much of a role in gameplay. The only role they have is conveying action. However, a game with no graphics can also convey action, therefore the effect on gameplay of graphics is minimal at best. I consider the categories very different.

I agree. However, that's no reason not to at least try to make good graphics.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Elation wrote:
Indeed.

Games!=Girls

So Games=Boys?

Oh wai-
Page: 1 2