ID:153174

Everyone i am thinking abpout amking an out of this world game on BYOND. I dont know if ill do it though, cause i dont know if anyone will like. Please send your opinion to me at [email protected], or better yet, just post it here! Thanks.
Umm....how can we voice our opinion if you don't give us anything to...um...opinionize on.
In response to Tiko
Play the game he's talking about. It's an old SNES game. Pretty good one too. I would like to see something like that on BYOND, but not sure how easy it would be to create.
In response to Xooxer
Well its actually pretty easy to create. Its going to have 2 diffrent ways to play: as the old fashioned side scroller as well as the new overview mode. But i prefer the side scroller. BTW it isnt just for SNES. its also for sega and pc. And im prolly teh only one whose ever beaten it lol
In response to Reinhartstar
No, you're not the only one who's ever beaten it. I have beaten that and Flashback. Stick with the side-scrolling platformer model, though. It made the game what it was.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Yeah its staying online side scroller. Sorry people im getting this idea mixed up with another game that i was gonna make with side scroller and oview. So Dont worry people its sticking as side scroller. If you have any ideas or feel like sending me icons(which i sorely need, even though im getting by witht eh ones im making i would like the originals), post em here!
In response to Reinhartstar
Reinhartstar wrote:
Well its actually pretty easy to create. Its going to have 2 diffrent ways to play: as the old fashioned side scroller as well as the new overview mode. But i prefer the side scroller. BTW it isnt just for SNES. its also for sega and pc. And im prolly teh only one whose ever beaten it lol

PC, Sega, SNES? Just spinoffs, the original was for the Amiga. And the Amiga version is definitely superior. And what a great game it was...! Every game creator today should play that game (the Amiga version!) to get a feel for how to create Atmosphere in a game.

So you think it would be easy to create? You're not talking about a polygon engine, right? :) The game style could be easy, but smooth movements isn't Byonds strong side. Well, good luck to anyone who tries!

(I gotta go and play a certain game...)

[edit] For a really tough challenge, play the sequel that was only released for Sega, "Heart of the Alien". Much more difficult than Ootw.

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Do you know of anywhere on the internet (except auction sites) that sells original Amiga games? I've got an A600, but the only decent game I've got on it is Syndicate (the best game ever made for a microcomputer!)
In response to Hazman
Hazman wrote:
Do you know of anywhere on the internet (except auction sites) that sells original Amiga games? I've got an A600, but the only decent game I've got on it is Syndicate (the best game ever made for a microcomputer!)

Sorry, I don't know. I'm satisfied with the retro-feeling I get from WinUAE, so I'm not pursuing old original games anymore. :) But I still grieve that I once had the original box to Guild of Thieves, and I lost it...

Syndicate is a great game! Have you tried the sequel, Syndicate wars? Quite nice as well. But I disagree, I have to say that the best microcomputer game ever made is a tie between Moonstone and Loom. :)

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
Loom. :)

Loom was great! :) (I just have to post this every time you mention it, he he!)
In response to Alathon
Then I get to stop resisting...

"Gold. What useless stuff."
In response to Xooxer
Oh...is that an actual game? From his post, I thought he was saying he was going to make a 'out of this world' game. You know, the slang term that means really good :P
In response to Tiko
Yeah. I thought the same thing, since the Shift key seemed broken in that part of the sentence.