ID:153210

Well, after quite a while of work,(and a fair number of open testing sessions) on Dynamite Dash, the method of making one of the more boring jobs fun, so all the jobs on the team are equal. Before I go on, I shall list the positions for each of the four teams.

Attacker: Attacks, of course. Chucks dynamite at opposing team's basket.

Defender: Prevents other attackers from hitting team's basket. As the basket fills up, it becomes a little harder to push.

The other three: Manual labor, manual labor, and more manual labor. Simply chasing moving objects around, combining them if need be, and putting them on the conveyor belt to give supplies.

As you can see, the three unnamed (in this post anyways) jobs aren't very appealing, and I'm hoping for a way to make it entertaining so the matter of which position to take would be a REAL matter of choice, rather than just Attacker or Defender because the other three plain suck to be. I've mulled over the following, and can't really decide, and first want to see if there are any better ideas out there.

A) Make Attacker and Defender suck more. Not a good choice.

B) Shift team members' positions every eight or so minutes.

C) Remove the last three jobs altogether. I want to avoid this, for some reason.

This has puzzled me for the last month. =/

P.S.: Another question I've been having is about the fairness of attackers versus defenders. Throwing is a click system, for the most part, to overcome directional woes to some extent. (Especially when it comes to hitting a base from a diagonal range or whatever.) The projectile first moves to the clicked spot, then continues on in whichever direction it last moved. This is more just a couple yes or no questions, really: Should I place a bit of a "target" (with colorations depending on which team it's coming from) on each clicked spot as a stick of dynamite heads its way, so that defenders may get a heads-up? And if so, should it be visible to defenders only, or just everyone? (I don't know about specific defenders, I'm talking like each defender will see it.)

Thanks.
For the manual labor, why not try and make it a puzzle game of some sort, like puzzle pirates?
The answer that springs to my mind is make it so that all the teams gather [materials] from the same spot. Racing against another player is a lot more entertaining then simply chasing something.