ID:1535496

While I appreciate the confirmation that threading is enabled, my error logs are being spammed with the lines:
Starting server with threads on.
Server initialization finished.

This is especially true for my DMCGI web server, where each loaded webpage requires a new instance of DD to open/run/close. My apache2 logs contain many thousands of repeats.

If this is just a beta diagnostic, then please ignore this request; otherwise, you might consider the option to toggle this feature, as it makes it more difficult to identify actual errors.
Maybe add a debug flag for daemon.txt, off by default - similar to seeker.txt.
Make your own script to take that out of the error logs. :/
!#/bin/bash

sed -i -e "/Starting server with threads on./d" /var/log/apache2/access.log?

sed -i -e "/Server initialization finished../d" /var/log/apache2/access.log?

Throw that into a .sh file and put it in cron.
In response to A.T.H.K
Of course that's one way to work around this issue, but a simpler solution that involves no additional overhead and is not prone to false positives (e.g. a poorly timed "ls -l" before cron fires and wipes the file clean) would still be ideal.
In response to Gakumerasara
Gakumerasara wrote:
e.g. a poorly timed "ls -l" before cron fires and wipes the file clean) would still be ideal.

Not sure what you mean by this? do you even know what those commands do?

The commands above don't wipe the file at all, if you wanted to do that the best command would be

echo "" > /var/log/apache2/access.log
Who died and made you the only Linux user on BYOND? Of course I know what those commands do.

If the error log contains NOTHING but those two lines repeated over and over, then it will effectively wipe the file. If I check for errors using ls -l (which makes perfect sense, since the file should be empty otherwise), then a [not wiped file] indicates errors. i.e. If cron hasn't fired to wipe it since the last person used my site, it will look as though there were errors - even though there aren't - wasting my time, etc.

Also, it's the error log - not the access log.
This folks is why I stopped helping on this forum, childish replies when someone is trying to help... Absolutely no respect.

Go shove your Post up your arse if you're going to be a knob to someone that's trying to help...
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
This folks is why I stopped helping on this forum, childish replies when someone is trying to help... Absolutely no respect.

Go shove your Post up your arse if you're going to be a knob to someone that's trying to help...

"do you even know what those commands do?" speaking of no respect...

The simplest solution is still the one I proposed. If I could disable the tons of needless diagnostic output (a simple "if" statement that runs exactly twice per BYOND session), then there would be no need to clean up the mess later (with the constant/cron overhead).