ID:153637

The basics of this game will simply be two teams, with three, maybe four players to them both, each having to complete tasks to manufacture something, moving their task onto the next player by moving their piece of process on the object onto the next player.
Scoring
A kind of a tricky part, this is. Should I allow bonus points for speed since the start of 'the task's completion, and, should I allow individual workers to have their own score?

Also, along with progress being hindered, should a worker missing his or her bit of work as the piece goes by them on the conveyor belt penalize their team and/or penalize their individual score, if added?

Should there be penalties for taking far too long in manufacturing piece of said object after taking it off the conveyor belt, if individual score is added?
Multi-Tasking?
Should I have it so that there would be multiple jobs that a player would have to hurry to after setting their piece on the conveyor belt, to rush and pick up on after the one after them sets it back onto the belt?

So far, that is all that I can think of. I will edit this post as I think of more, but, in the meantime, please provide your answers.
Nice idea. Few problems I thought of though.
If you didn't have enough players on a team the peice/item would never be completed!
If you tried to fix this my waiting until all teams were full players would get bored and leave, bringing us back to the first problem
What if the server hit a lag spike? Would products all muck up on the conveyer belt or something?

But I thought of an idea as well!

Maybe they could choose the conveyer speed, so that less players could still work as a team, but make less money!

One last thing to stimulate your mind...

Do the teams have to be equal?
And if so, how?

At that I bid you adew!

~GokuSS4Neo~
<font size=-3>Life is a journey, and with every step we reach a point of no return.
In response to Gokuss4neo
Wow..Buncha these things I hadn't even thought of. As for lag spikes, I kind of doubt it. Remember, in actual lag, the server gets halted, too, not just the players, or is that CPU lag..? But anyhow, players choose how much stuff they put on the belt. Production speed is pretty much in the hands of the guy in the first room. Too slow, and point gain will be a pain in the rump. Too fast, and you're likely to make your teammates bumble up.

Anyways, I was thinking of maybe AIs to fill in for missing players, or for players who are logged out mid-game. Or, if that's not possible, I would allow players to rush through a bit of a room to help the guy after them -- Of course, that could leave a nasty delay if they aren't fast enough!

Choosing the conveyor speed..? Not a bad idea! Perhaps it should be controlled only in the front and back rooms, and inform all the team members when it is changed.

Anyways, I'll let you in on what's being manufactured..dynamite! Eheh..BOOM! I'm done.
In response to Hanns
Decent! Me like Dynamite, REALLY like Dynamite!!!
If you need a tester or something like that I'd be glad to help!

~GokuSS4Neo~
<font size=-3>Why kill things with a sword when you can blow them up?
Ive got a few ideas, but they change a few of the fundimentals. I'll tell you them anyway just in case you like them.
Since overcoming the problems with players GS4N mentioned, you simply have one person per team, who controls 3 or 4 NPC's.
So you have to move from NPC to NPC doing a certiant job as fast as you can. If you dont do them fast enough you'll get behind and lose.
You should also add modes of play.
A few modes of play you could do are:

Racing-First to produce X amount of products (Dynomite). If you mess up you can still recover, but the stick you messed up on gets thrown away.

Endurance-Each member of your team has 3 replacements. If you stuff up teh dynomite blows them up and their replacement takes over. No more replacements for a certiant job and your knocked out of the compotition. The last person standing wins.
--Modification: You make it so that you just have 3 replacements in total that can do any job, so your only allowed 3 stuff ups.

Sabotage-This is basically race with one new rule. You make it so that you can run over and sabotage your opponents at any time. So if you get a break between making sticks you can run across and distract the other players.

Team Play Mode-This is your original mode. It would work best as an option since you could play Races for a while until enough people arrive.

Single Player Mode-You just go through differnt levels* and try for a high score.

Also, some cool general ideas. If you make single player mode, make it so that you can unlock special stuff from playing in single player mode. For example, if I get to level 20 it unlocks "Bake a cake mode" (Basically the same thing, but with differnt icons so your baking a cake), and if I beat level 99 it unlocks a whole new secret mode.
Making the factory your working in get better and better looking as you go through the levels would be cool to.

*I mean levels in a Tetris "levels get higher the game gets faster" sense.
In response to DarkView
So..many..ideas..Hehe. I'll think about the NPC thing as a different mode, perhaps - I don't particularly feel like messing with my original idea.

I might make different 'holiday' versions available in-game or seperately, for Halloween, and the like. Buahahaha! Still stuffed with dynamite, though. (I wonder how that will turn out..BOOM! Heheh)

Perhaps, though, if a supposedly active player is suddenly AFK, I can have an AI set up for the person until they get back, the AI's general intelligence maybe depending on their personal score. (Like they'll never know they're gone!)

Anyhow, it's basically going to be like this, I don't care whether it's accurate or not.

1. Grab two half-dynamite shells. Place on conveyor belt. Max shells had at once = two.

2. Grab shells in next room, fill with gunpowder, duct tape together. (I never said it was a respectable factory. =) Place results on belt.

3. Next player grabs a piece of string, and the results of the so-far production. Attempt to stuff string into dynamite as 'fuse'. Place on conveyor belt, or light for the hell of it.

4. Completed work falls into bin, where (optional) fourth person adds finishing touches to each piece, places it on continuing belt, into the REAL bin. (For bonus points)