ID:153732

What do you think of these graphics here, for my new game Veteran:

Here is one of the country's building structures:

http://members.tripod.com/fenrissapocolypse/ veteran_preview.htm

What do you think?

[EDIT]

The silver things are bunkers, the tower things are well, useless towers for scenary, the white thing is a palace, the long building is a barracks, and the rest are houses (and of course the trees.).

[EDIT]

Also, the picture is a little blurry from transition from .bmp to .jpg.
It's definitely interesting, unique designing. May I ask what the relation between the allied and axis nations is?

-Dagolar
In response to Dagolar
Thats basicly saying good vs evil, but that sounded stupid so I used evil as "axis" and good as "allied" since whatever america calls evil, always ends up part of the "Axis of Evil" in the president's eyes.

Also, if you are on the side of evil, you wouldn't call yourselves the evil doers, would you?

[EDIT]

Also, it is just giving a list of ALL the nations. In multiplayer you can play whoever against whoever, but in single player it will be a timeline so during WWII if you were part of the allies, you could only be say US, Canada, Britain, France and such.
Bear in mind that I'm usually a pessimist, so I see faults and don't both mentioning the merits. I do actually like the graphics -- they remind me of the original Final Fantasy for the NES.

That said, there's too little variety in some of the objects (namely, the sides of the brown shacks and the rocks). Ordinarily I'd expect any object to have at least 4 or 5 shades -- otherwise it just looks too plasticy. Also of note is that the terrain looks too uniform. Producing variations of the same terrain type, then randomly picking from the available icons for that terrain type at run time would make it look far better in my opinion. Otherwise, seems all right.
<font face="courier"><font size="2">...I think people should put more appropriate titles to their posts, besides 'What do you think...' - that way we do not waste our time digging through useless or un-interesting posts (not saying that yours was in this case Kunark - nice graphics!).

=)</font></font>