ID:15408

I had my computer (almost) set up. All that was left was a sound card, which I forgot to order. I'll be picking one up tomorrow but I got sick of not actually using it in the meantime. The monitor I have is nice but it has this waterfall-like refresh rate when I scroll down webpages and it's quite annoying.

In the meantime, I'm typing up another article. I hope most of you enjoy it when I'm done.
Have you installed the graphics drivers? Windows doesn't do rendering webpages very well until you install graphics drivers.
Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot -> Scroll the bar all the way to the left to "None" -> Apply.
And if you're using Firefox or IE7 make sure you have 'smooth scrolling' enabled in your preferences.
Yahoo, those did the trick. I feel dumb now since I didn't think to disable hardware acceleration.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows XP when I first started my computer. Wouldn't those have come with graphics drivers, or should I do some online scouting?
If you built your own computer? No, it wouldn't come with the correct drivers. But I am sure you got a driver CD of some sort.
...Oh. :( I did have a driver CD but I kinda forgot about it until you mentioned it. I'll go use it tomorrow morning. Thanks.