ID:1542305

(See the best response by FishMan123.)
Code:
mob
icon = 'Tony Montana.dmi'
Login()
loc = locate(/turf/start)

Problem description:
I'm having a problem with putting my character on a Test map I made but the problem is that I have an error saying that the /turf/start isn't direct.
So I either to know how to make a start turf or I need the right code for it. At least that's what I think I need.
1. You want to call the default Login proc via ..().
2. You mean the turf isn't defined?
Ya it say's the turf isn't defined and the start isn't defined either
Best response
You don't have a turf defined named start. This is pretty basic:
turf
start
icon='start.dmi'
And to make it use able remember to place it on the map.
Thanks I'll try that out. I'm just really new to programming.
I made the start turf and I placed it but I couldn't see my base character. When I pressed the Text option though it had a P for player. Is there some thing I did wrong?
Did you make sure to make an icon for your player, and link it up? Like this?

mob
player
icon = 'player.dmi'
Yes I did, but for some reason it seems like my players blending into the background there's not a bit of green on him.
I'm afraid I'm not certain how I can help you unless I see the code more directly. There are numerous small suggestions for you to look at, but...
mob
Login()
if(!src.loc)
src.loc = locate("initialspawn") in world
else
. = ..()

This is exactly what tags are for.
In response to Ter13
tag: may not be set at compile-time
that's the error I got.
Ah, yeah, been a while since I've used tags. Either way, create an instance of a /turf on the map with an edited tag with the value: "initialspawn".

Either way, every single response in this thread but mine doesn't address your problem.
Login()
if(!src.loc)
src.loc = locate("initialspawn") in world
else
.=..()

Ya this is what I put in and I I'm pretty sure Ter that you meant to make a initial spawn turf so I made one and followed exactly what you said the first time and placed the initial spawn turf on my test map. The map was completely blank even though I put in my floor turf and I tried it again without the initial spawn turf and I put the regular start turf but it stayed the same way. got anything else for me or any body that would take time outta there day to help me?
sorry for not using the right tag, I'm almost really new to everything on the byond website.
Did you set the tag of the object on the map to "initialspawn"?
Ya I did.
Screenshot?
I don't know exactly how to do that Ter, so sorry if that sets you back.
Page: 1 2