ID:1542471

(See the best response by Koshigia.)
Hello,

I have recently been informed that another coder. This being in there is a feature to transfer RP Unlimited Save files into his game.

While as a coder and owner I was never asked about this, and figuring this will probably be a problem I have to deal with myself. I wanted to ask what code I could put on my files to block them from being de-compiled and rewritten by another hub.

I would like to know what I can do to protect my interests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best response
Anything you don't want people to have easy access to, you'll need to encrypt. I'm no expert in encryption, but I do know that there are a few encryption algorithms already implemented in the developer section of byond... Just don't ask me which one is best, because I do not know. Keep in mind, encryption does not guarantee the safety of your data once it's in the client's hands, but it will sure make life difficult for anybody trying to get their hands on it (in theory).
Where would I find some of these?
At the top, go to developers > resources (click resources, then search for "encryption".
Thanks
You may want to look into md5 hashing if you're encrypting anything that can be compared to at runtime. It's a useful built-in one way method of converting values to a unique identifier.