ID:15436

In addition to occasional problems booting windows (and shutting down windows), my computer has now started having problems in the BIOS. Specifically, there's a crash with a message stating (paraphrased) that 'overclocking crashed your system, system timing has been reset'.

I'm pretty damned sure the system is not overclocked. It would have to come overclocked from the beginning, because I haven't touched that area of the settings, and the problems are new.

I think the motherboard might be failing, just a little. Sometimes the BIOS doesn't even come up.

It's an old motherboard, so it's not a massive loss, but it'll be a nuisance getting something to replace it with. And despite the upside, of having a faster computer (almost certainly), there is the large downside of having to (most likely) reinstall windows, and other such things. Bloody hell, can't this thing just work right for once?

I keep everything I consider important backed up, so data loss isn't a problem - especially given that the motherboard appears to be failing, not the HDDs.

Any other thoughts on what could cause this error?
Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery out and let it set out for abit. Then reinstall the battery, that should completely reset your bios