ID:1544537

So I'm not much of an pixel artist, but I made some outlines of a few examples. I think they turned out pretty well.

#nohatepl0x
Somethings just aren't for everyone.

And pixel art isn't for you. Go program something.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Somethings just aren't for everyone.
And pixel art isn't for you. Go program something.

I have to agree with this :c
LMAO, No one is saying something along the lines of : " hey, those are acutally pretty good for a beginner " or " Good start! " They are more saying " YOU SUX!!! "
I think they turned out FINE..... whatever they are =P
In response to Greggreg31
why thank you kind sir.

The human is in a Kamehameha stance, and the creature is a giant man eating centipede, with a horn.
oh thats what that guy is doing? I thought he was holding an imaginary sword.
Why does the Kamehameha Guy have breasts?
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Why does the Kamehameha Guy have breasts?

It's called, Pecs.
In response to Flysbad
Yeah, I kinda saw the Kamehameha Guy, But wasn't sure about the centipede, I knew it was a insect or animal of some kind though lol
Well yea, I'm not a pro yet!
Flys, I think they are pretty good for a non-pixel-artist-errr and you should keep on working at it =)
Also, I have a idea : Flys should pixel-art something every week, Post it and then have us guess what it is. xD
It would be HILARIOUS!!!!
On a side note, here's my Isometric Art work from ages ago. I can't pixel that well, but Isometric is a different story.

In response to Flysbad
Here is a secret.

You know how isometric art is basically a bunch of simple shapes put together? (In this case it's cubes)

Well all art is nothing but simple shapes put together. If you learn how to draw a circle, square and triangle, you can pretty much draw anything.
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:
On a side note, here's my Isometric Art work from ages ago. I can't pixel that well, but Isometric is a different story.

Nice art. What are you planning to use it for, if anything? Just practice?

Without a doubt, when you added the shading that defines where the light sources is coming from (West) it really makes the art look beautiful. Keep up the good work, bud. Lol....
I notice you are putting a lot of emphasis on the shape of your subject using the outline.

Here's a real fast mockup for my process.

Step 1) Define your working area. I created a 32x48 space to work within.

Step 2) Get the torso, pelvis and head lined out at the scale you'd like to work in.

Step 3) Position the arms and legs using simple lines, with circles on either end to give you a hint at how thick they should be, and to help you find the perspective.

Step 4) Notice the white line? I'm finding the symmetry line. This will help me to determine my shading, and help me to keep the pose in perspective.

Step 5) flesh out the shape using the skeleton as a basis.

Step 6) Block out your colors using the fleshed skeleton.

Step 7+) Shade, detail, rinse, repeat.

Just a real quick cyberpunk concept loosely based on your canon/pose. Didn't have a proper color scheme or character concept to draw from, so it's not overly great, but it should at least serve to give you an idea of how you can visualize the process and focus on things bit by bit without feeling overwhelmed.
Tried following Ter13's advice, this is what I came up with. Took me a good 20-30 minutes. The palette was created by eyeballing it, I know it's not perfect.

Also, the OP was just a joke. A friend suggested I should post that picture on here, so I did.

Good resource for isometric and normal pixel art.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/
In response to Ter13
Ter13, I'm no artist but I really enjoyed your explanation with your step-by step process.

Flysbad, maybe it's just me but I have a thing for Isometric work. It's not used as much so I find it quite appealing.
omg he luvs it. it's a dream come truuuuu.
What about me? I love it too. :/