ID:1546374

I got really excited when I saw this... so happy for you guys!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249550/?featured_app=1

Totally awesome!
I'd be interested to see a post-mortem on some of the sales figures after the 22nd.

For instance, analytics on conversion rate, and traffic generated by the featured status on the front page of steam.
In response to Ter13
I totaled the amount made via players on the servers yesterday at around 10 PM EST Time - If all of these players were new(Which it seems is likely since a few days ago at the same time NEStalgia only had 28 total players) - They've made close to $3k as of that moment.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
For instance, analytics on conversion rate, and traffic generated by the featured status on the front page of steam.

I need to re-read the NDA that I signed to make sure that I'm okay to talk about that sort of thing in detail, but if I'm in the clear then I'll be happy to share that at some point.

Another Greenlight game developer posted a detailed post-mortem on Gamasutra that had some analytics and financials as well. So far all of our numbers are right in line with what he saw, though just a touch higher overall. Link to that article: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidPittman/20140103/207974/ Eldritch_Mountains_of_PostMortemness.php
ben is a freakin millionaire now

post a screenshot of your paypal balance
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
ben is a freakin millionaire now

That would be The motivator lol.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I'd rather be extra classy about it and post a selfie where I'm holding a bunch of $100 bills. Maybe put an Instagram filter or two on it as well.
Lol yes!
In response to Silk Games
Silk Games wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I'd rather be extra classy about it and post a selfie where I'm holding a bunch of $100 bills. Maybe put an Instagram filter or two on it as well.

I need this for reasons.
Was reading the recommondations and someone really despises BYOND lol.

[NE]Widget
"The game is a BYOND game that does not mention it's a BYOND game. This is a negative that actually goes both ways though. Even though I view it as negative, the fact that the game has production values good enough that it doesn't seem obviously like one, is a huge credit to the staff. However, if it had been marketed as a BYOND game and clearly mentioned it, I would never have purchased the 3 pack of it. The marketing and style of the game had me sold, but, I ended up feeling deceived."
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Was reading the recommondations and someone really despises BYOND lol.

[NE]Widget
"The game is a BYOND game that does not mention it's a BYOND game. This is a negative that actually goes both ways though. Even though I view it as negative, the fact that the game has production values good enough that it doesn't seem obviously like one, is a huge credit to the staff. However, if it had been marketed as a BYOND game and clearly mentioned it, I would never have purchased the 3 pack of it. The marketing and style of the game had me sold, but, I ended up feeling deceived."

Doesn't this just prove that this guy can't actually have any REAL reason for disliking BYOND and probably had a bit of trouble and cried about it?
Yea he pretty much contradicted himself.

"Even though I view it as negative, the fact that the game has production values good enough that it doesn't seem obviously like one, is a huge credit to the staff."
There's always some inbred mouthing off whenever NEStalgia or BYOND is mentioned. In fact I'm pretty sure the reason I'm so stupid is due to the brain cells I've lost over the years reading people's laughable attempts to discredit the engine, the game and the Silk Games team.

Knowing that there are idiots who purchase games based on what they were created in, and not based on how fun they are, is the reason why I'm a borderline misanthropist.