ID:154777

Could anyone tell me in detail how to code in character transformations? Hypothetically speaking, say I wanted to input a verb named "Transform" or "Super Saiyan" (teehee) which would slightly alter the appearance of a character. How would one go about this?

I apologize in advance if the above question seems slightly noob like, it's just that I'm very new to coding and haven't yet gotten a complete hang of things. Thank you in advance for any and all replies ^_^ <3
This worked! Thank you :D
In response to Sinnless
Grrr! It's not working for the fly verb that I'm trying to get to work. Okay so with the fly verb would I input like this?

mob
icon = 'player.dmi'
icon_state = 'fly'

Like the icon 'player.dmi' is there and so is the movement state. I also have the fly icon state finished in there too but for some reason when I compile it says

"game.dm:70 error: 'fly': cannot find file"
In response to Sinnless
Single quotes, 'X', tells DM you are looking for a physical file (per se).

Quotation marks, "X", tells DM that what you are entering is a string. For the majority in DM, you'll be using "".

(Using "" in icon will make it, if I remember correctly, search for the file in the root folder during runtime while '' searches for the file and includes it as a part of the RSC during compile time.)
In response to GhostAnime
Exactly! So, in terms that new programmers can understand:

Use ' around actual icon files like 'player.dmi'

use " around icon state files like "fly"

Good luck!