ID:155538

Well, I have been doing some HTML in my code lately, and I am still iffy on returning information in forms, especially with drop-down menus.

<form name="DropdownForm" action="byond://" method="get">
<p>
<select name="action">
<option selected value="2 min">2 Minutes</option>
<option value="5 min">5 Minutes</option>
<option value="10 min">10 Minutes</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Set Time" />
</p>
</form>

So, using the client/Topic() proc, how exactly do I find out what this menu returns?

A full explanation or a link to one on how to process returned information from forms would be helpful as well.
The second argument of Topic() is a list, in this list will be an element called "action" and associated with this element will be the value you selected from the drop-down.
In response to Nadrew
Thanks Nadrew, I figured it out once you said it is associated. It works now, thanks!
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Thanks Nadrew, I figured it out once you said it is associated. It works now, thanks!

Even though you got your question answered, here is an old 3 part article written by Unknown Person. It deals with the browser interface along with forms and using mob/Topic() and client/Topic(). You might know how to use it, but it might help for future reference for anyone who has a similar problem.

http://files.byondhome.com/DreamMakers/ unknownperson.2007-1121/browserinterfaces_part1.html