ID:1556947

Resolved
VS build: Output controls had problems with styling on some lines, and links and images were positioned incorrectly.
BYOND Version:506.1243_byond_mfc120
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 34.0.1847.116
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In Chatters specifically, logging in with the new VS Toolchain, the Output window seems to have some drastic regressions.

Only some HTML links are clickable, as well as output being centered.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Login to Chatters.
2) See the output panel has centered text.
3) Only some HTML hyperlinks are clickable.

Actual Results:
http://puu.sh/8kTkj.png

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? 506.1243
Curious. I wonder if there's a more reproducible test case I can use to examine this. There has to be something specific about the Chatters HTML. As far as links go, I can run tests on those.
Well this is fun. I found out that the GetTextLength() function in richedit controls is buggy. Apparently it works just dandy in the version we normally use, but it's broken in newer ones. I found a fix for the text case I worked up (mixing various line styles). The problem with the formatting is almost certainly the same issue that's going on with the links, and probably the log function as well.
Which BYOND release is this scheduled to be fixed in?
We'll probably upload something with the vc2013 fixes later tonight.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
VS build: Output controls had problems with styling on some lines, and links and images were positioned incorrectly.