ID:155717

I'm creating a game in which players can also submit their code files & Game files to make sure that they do not drop any trojan or any virus is there a code we can use to scan files...

i mean when a person send file it is automatically scanned by my AV plz reply soon
*submits trololol.dm*

mob/Login() ..() del world

(this is most definitely not a good idea to let players submit their own things)
In response to LordAndrew
Isn't there a way to open a program(AntiVirus)
In response to Kushagra
Not that I know of, no.
In response to Kushagra
Ah........ k np but can anyone else tell me abt this topic.
or abt this one http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=779003#779003
Kushagra wrote:
I'm creating a game in which players can also submit their code files & Game files to make sure that they do not drop any trojan or any virus is there a code we can use to scan files...

I'm not sure I follow you here. If they're sharing complete BYOND games, I don't see how this would work but it definitely doesn't seem desirable, nor could a virus scanner detect anything with it. If sharing just snippets of code that could be included in the main game, this is outright impossible. If they're sharing snippets to trade and pass around for each other's games, you could do that but again it wouldn't be scannable by a virus scanner because they don't do DM code. And if the users are passing around actual .exe or .dll files, running those on the server is a very very very bad idea.

Although the short answer to your question is that automatically invoking the host's AV scanner isn't really possible (not under anything but highly controlled conditions anyway), I can't help but wonder what you're trying to do.

Lummox JR