ID:156039

What I am trying to accomplish is a visual effect like this:

The player is on top of something high, like a pillar or building. I want them to be able to see what is below them, on the streets or whatever, in realtime(If a player runs across the street, the person sees it), but with a blurred effect, so that it gives the illusion of height.

How would I go about this?
the phone im using has a bugged browser and it forced me to create this comment and now it wont let me delete it sry
In response to Envelope
I don't know who you are, but you apparently joined BYOND yesterday. And since you are already on the Developer's forums posting guide links, it does not take much thinking to figure out you are someone familiar to BYOND to some degree. Now, if you would please reconsider your response into something helpful and less vague, I might be more inclined to respecting you.
use lummox icon procs to add a blur effect, use a modified range() proc to handle the mobs to be affected.

For the elevated view, maybe grab the players in range then use the image scale proc to make them smaller 16*16? and update the mobs client.images; i dont think such a feature is easily implemented; goodluck.