ID:156131

So in my game all my staff get on a different times so we dont really have a way to communicate other than the forums. so what im trying to do is make a verb for gm's like message board and whenever a gm logs on they can read the board and see what message the last gm left or write a new message. idk where to start at other than the mob/verb and naming it
If you have a dedicated host, maintain a global list variable that holds all the messages.

var/list/AdminMessages = list()

mob/Admin/verb
Message_Board_Add(t as message)
AdminMessages.Add("[src] Wrote:<br>[t]")
Message_Board_Read()
var/text
for(var/Message in AdminMessages)
text+="[Message]<br>"
src << browse(text)

Very makeshift, but you get the idea. Of course, the best way would be cross-server, which would require an external database.
In response to CauTi0N
Thank you, I think this will work fine.
Bigj822 wrote:
So in my game all my staff get on a different times so we dont really have a way to communicate other than the forums. so what im trying to do is make a verb for gm's like message board and whenever a gm logs on they can read the board and see what message the last gm left or write a new message. idk where to start at other than the mob/verb and naming it

One would wonder how'd you get to the point of naming something "your game" when you can't even manage anything beyond typing mob/verb/.
In response to Emasym
-.- i hate people that come around just to shit on peoples perade. if you must know i was able to code the game on my own this was just 1 part that i didnt understand how to code. it wasnt the fact that i couldnt get past mob/verb it was a fact that i didnt feel the need to write past that point because you would still get the jist of what i was asking.

also to comment on my grammer i didnt feel the need to waste perfect grammer to reply to such an ignorent comment.
In response to Bigj822
Or when asking for help?
In response to Pirion
thank you for proving my point. (you have nothing better to do)
In response to Bigj822
I may have, but I prefer to do this.