ID:1561517

(See the best response by Vrocaan.)
I want to know if you can still host while your windows 8 is asleep. Because on windows 8, there is a sleep option and when you turn back your PC it takes you right where you went to sleep. (I have a ASUS windows 8 and it has quickstart up with resume in seconds) I would like to start 24/7 hosting for people, but I don't want to make any mistakes. So can anybody help me?
Best response
Sleep mode disables your internet connection, so, uh, no.
With windows 8 also? (Do you have experience with windows 8?)
In response to Vrocaan
um..Are you still there?
Sleep mode is sleep mode, regardless of OS. It turns off most functions that would drain power, and that includes the wireless functions.
Is there any other way I can host without my PC..like.. being alive? Like lets say I have a laptop. If I close the laptop as in closing the screen but didn do anything else, didn't sleep mode it or anything..Would it still be hosting or no?
Why don't you just try it? It shouldn't take long or be very difficult to test.
There should be a setting on your power options which say "Do nothing when display is closed" or something along those lines ,seeing as I am not on a laptop atm, I wouldn't be able to say the exact name. Anyway, search around for that option, and once you enable it, you'll be able to close your laptop screen and it'll continue functioning as normal.

But of course without the light disturbing you in your sleep.
You can host while in sleep mode, I could on my laptop PC by default, even when I put it into sleep manually, given the PC was hooked up to a power outlet for charging...

Otherwise the default settings turned everything off.

But really the answer is, it depends on your PC, and what the settings are at now/what they were during factory install, it varies a little bit between manufacturer, and slightly from pc to pc...

So the only real way is check yourself, look under "Power Options" and tweak them if it doesn't stay running as it should.
Thank you @Superbike32 AND FishMan123, you were both a great help. Also Vrocaan.