ID:156242

Uhhh, honestly, I feel like a noob again for asking this, it's simply that, while I can code pretty well now, I often don't know basics, as I learned without the guide. (I should probably skim it, but this is what I need to know for now).

If I was to create a mob child_type, that I want players to be able to collect, in a sense, can I store the ones they collected in lists, to save them? Or would I need to save each mob individually?
Yeah, you can save the list and it'll save the contents. Importantly in this case I assume the child_type mobs are not player controlled?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Yeah, you can save the list and it'll save the contents. Importantly in this case I assume the child_type mobs are not player controlled?

Actually, the you control them at certain points in game, but the players "mob mob", ie, what stores them, will be active on logout/save always
In response to Asellia
Oh okay, so you'd never save a child_type when someone was controlling it?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Oh okay, so you'd never save a child_type when someone was controlling it?

Correct
In response to Asellia
Then all is well, I believe. The issue is saving the same mob twice, you see. So provided the mob is only in one set of contents at a time that's being saved, then you should at least not rollback.